Need help with controls

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Snipermaster002

Need help with controls

Post by Snipermaster002 »

Ok u know how there are 5 input devices. well, for me i want different controls for diffferent types of games. well, i played a game and i like the controls and when i wanted to change them for a different game i went to input 2 so i wouldnt lose my previous button combinations. the questino im asking is how do i switch to input two becuase when i chnage the buttons on input 2 im stil using input 1 controls.
Snipermaster002
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

input 2, as in player 2.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: Need help with controls

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Snipermaster002 wrote:Ok u know how there are 5 input devices. well, for me i want different controls for diffferent types of games. well, i played a game and i like the controls and when i wanted to change them for a different game i went to input 2 so i wouldnt lose my previous button combinations. the questino im asking is how do i switch to input two becuase when i chnage the buttons on input 2 im stil using input 1 controls.
Play as player 2?

The 5 inputs refer to the 5 possible controller ports on an SNES(if it has a MultiTap installed). Not different configurations for a single controller.

Now.... you CAN enable the option to use player 3/4 as player 1/2, and then input 3 will affect controller 1. But ... if your buttons overlap, expect excitement and confusion.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

Use the "Game Specific" setting to have different key setups in a per game basis.
Snipermaster002

oooo thanks guys. srry for the that. i undestand now. thanks
Snipermaster002
Snipermaster002

ok i get it now thanks. but could you please tell me the procedures to make contorls specific to each game. i did click game specific and it doesnt work. could you please tell me the steps. thanks
Snipermaster002
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

Configure the controls and set game specific AFTER loading the game.
jared_gibbs

Post by jared_gibbs »

Thanks for the info, I was struggling with this as well.