Logitech Dual Action Gamepad Direction "issues"

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

databit

Logitech Dual Action Gamepad Direction "issues"

Post by databit »

OK I went out and bought a gamepad Logitech Dual Action Gamepad. I hooked it up and Ubuntu recognized it fine. I checked and joydev and evdev are both running modules. jstest /dev/input/js0 and each movement on any axis or button press registers.
I opened zsnes and go Config ->Input and Set Keys
Up/Down/Left/Right on dpad or axis doesn't register at all. I tried setting a symbolic link from /dev/js0 to /dev/input/js0 just incase it was hard coded somewhere but that didn't seem to help.
Any searches I have tried come up with the same thing "I have a Logitch Dual Action and it works great from the start!"
So what am I doing wrong?
databit

Post by databit »

I was going to try adjusting the joystick sensitivity and I found:
-js #
Adjust joystick sensitivity, where # is a numerical value from 0-32767

what is the default for this so that I have a range to start from. Or do I just randomly try thirty-two thousand seven hundred and sixty seven options?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

The dual action is known for having lots of issues (mostly issues about axis detection) specifically with emulators, regardless of the OS and drivers.

Having said that, do you have the Logitech Profiler installed? Outside of toying with drivers and settings, I recommend that you ditch that pad in question and switch to the Logitech Rumblepad 2 instead.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.