Using one of these beauties!

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ouija1979
Hazed

Using one of these beauties!

Post by ouija1979 »

So... on my endless quest to find a third party SNES controller to use, not just on my SNES, but on emulators too. I have came across this gem, It feels great, the buttons are super responsive and the D-pad feels exactly the same as the official SNES. Well, I was so impressed I bought 4 of them! 2 black for ZSNES and 2 grey - for use on my SNES obviously. I thought I would give you guys a semi-review. I love this controller, it has curves on the back just to make it that bit more comfortable. It feels like a small Saturn controller. the only thing about comfort is that my ring finger slips under the bottom of the controller instead of resting on the back of the controller like my official SNES. Another odd thing is that the Black ones work perfectly, where as the 2 grey ones seem to have trouble pulling off special moves in SF2. I have yet to open to investigate this. All in all a fantastic controller that I have really been putting through its paces using the SNES and ZSNES via a USB adapter. I managed to find a seller in the UK who was only £4.95 with free postage... I can see me stocking up on these babies!!! Anyone else used one, what are your thoughts?
retro by simplywully, on Flickr
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: Using one of these beauties!

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Well, I have a few, depending on my mood.

The main ones are a Saitek P880, a Horipad EX2, and an XBox 360 pad(late-gen, so the d-button is usable). The P880 is the best of the lot for Super Nintendo, since the d-button is in the primary input location.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
ouija1979
Hazed

Post by ouija1979 »

Oh, I had no Idea they had fixed the D-pad on the XBOX 360 controllers. I had one a few years ago and it was comfortable for SNES games but the D-Pad was a mushy mess, I ended up giving it to a friend that actually owned an Xbox lol. Is there a specific serial number to look out for? I might treat myself next pay day.

I need to stop buying controllers I have a box full of them trying to find the 'ultimate' controller. I just seem to get bored of them and buy another one... I may have a problem...! :lol:
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

ouija1979 wrote:Oh, I had no Idea they had fixed the D-pad on the XBOX 360 controllers. I had one a few years ago and it was comfortable for SNES games but the D-Pad was a mushy mess, I ended up giving it to a friend that actually owned an Xbox lol. Is there a specific serial number to look out for? I might treat myself next pay day.
I only found out because I bought a wireless receiver to use my existing pad occasionally and it came with another pad that works far better.
So I have a very early 360 pad and a very late 360 pad. SOMEWHERE in the system's life it was changed, but I have no clue where.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads