Getting DualShock 3s to work with Xinput Wrapper

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Nitruc

Getting DualShock 3s to work with Xinput Wrapper

Post by Nitruc »

I found Xinput Wrapper when trying to get DualShock 3 controllers to work with xPSXe. It works great and even allows the controllers to be used wirelessly.

I can see that my controllers are connecting correctly (even when using a usb cable), but when going into the mapping config of ZSNES, nothing registers.

No matter what config I try to switch to or what buttons I push on the controller, ZSNES doesn't seem to be recognizing the controller as a gamepad.

Does anybody else have experience getting Xinput to work with ZSNES?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Getting DualShock 3s to work with Xinput Wrapper

Post by grinvader »

ZSNES uses directinput8, not xinput. You need another wrapper to bridge that gap.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Nitruc

Post by Nitruc »

grinvader wrote:ZSNES uses directinput8, not xinput. You need another wrapper to bridge that gap.
So do I need to download something else to get XInput to work? Or do I need to download a completely different program? If so, can you suggest what I should use instead?
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Exactly as he said. Zsnes doesn't use xinput so you need to either find a program that'll go from dualshock directly to directinput, or a second conversion stage from xinput to directinput, but you might run in to higher input lag inthat case, or it might make no difference at all, or might even be better if you have a particularly shitty dualshock -> directinput converter. I doubt this is the first time someone's had this problem; you can probably look it up.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae