Freezing?

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Kvb

Freezing?

Post by Kvb »

I've read that ZSNES appears frozen when it's trying to connect, which my ZSNES sure does, when it's trying to connect to a server. When I'm hosting a server, though, it doesn't freeze at all. Is that normal?

I'm asking because no matter what I've tried (I've read a lot of other advice on this forum already) I can't connect to my friend. I'm starting to wonder if my ZSNES is doing anything at all when I start a server.

If it's not normal that it doesn't freeze, can you tell by that symptom what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance, y'all.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It is probably a firewall that is affecting you. Make sure the person who is hosting does not have an ip in the range of 192.168.x.x. Also, make sure to have the appropriate ports opened for both incoming+outgoing traffic.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Kvb

Post by Kvb »

Alright. I'm working on that. This port forwarding is sort of confusing.

But what I want to know is, is it supposed to freeze while it's hosting (while the client connects, or also before it?) or is it normal that it doesn't?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Kvb wrote:Alright. I'm working on that. This port forwarding is sort of confusing.
It really isn't if you know how to do this stuff with your router. Make sure port 7845 (which is the default) is accessible for both TCP and UDP traffic.
But what I want to know is, is it supposed to freeze while it's hosting (while the client connects, or also before it?) or is it normal that it doesn't?
The freezing occurs because of the firewall.. as it doesn't quite "make the connection".
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...