Seiken Densetsu 3 froze after loading

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Teiji

Seiken Densetsu 3 froze after loading

Post by Teiji »

My friend and I successfully connect to each other, and we got to the chat screen. Then I select the Seiken Densetsu 3 rom, and Zsnes just freeze after that.

Things to know:
We have the same version of zsnes (1.36), same rom same name, same folder, same location. I sent him everything, and we both put the zsnes folder in C:

I have 2 different Seiken Densetsu 3 roms, one is hardpatched (which oddly displays chsum: fail everytime I load w/o netplay) and the other is softpatched (which displays chsum: ok). But, they both freeze when loading from netplay.

I did everything that I read on this forum, from making a savestate to making zsnes.cfg read-only. But, none works. So, I tried with another game "Gundam Wing Endless Dual" (chsum: ok and it also is softpatched) and it works! I also read elsewhere that many people successfully played Seiken Densetsu 3 online with friends till the end. How can that be possible? If it's the SD3 rom that is having problem, can someone tell me the CRC or information of the correct SD3, so I can search for it.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

You have to try different versions of ZSNES.. that's all I can say. Some versions will work better for different games when using netplay.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

I know for a fact 1.337(TEH AWESOMENESS) supports it, as I've played SD3 via netplay with a friend.
abrahm

Just a little help for the few games that freeze in 1.36

Post by abrahm »

Here's just a little help for games that freeze in 1.36 netplay. Basically all you need to do is connect manually(using start as server and connect to server). and after connecting at the chat screen, just set the save ram to none, then load the rom. Works like a charm for me. Or you can always use the ole 1.337 and AFTER loading the game the client has to go config/sound and checkmark cubic spline to get their sound to work.

Hope that helps.
Teiji

Post by Teiji »

Thanks for the quick replies.

To I.S.T. and abrahm:
Did you guys use hardpatched or softpatched rom?

And does the chsum: fail and chsum: ok makes any differences in zsnes success at loading the game?

Weirdly, my friend can't use zsnes 1.40-1.50. When he runs those version of zsnes, they just display a black screen for him. That's why we can't test using 1.42 (one of the good netplay version), which runs fine for me.

I'll see if he can run 1.337. And if he can, I just hope that we can load SD3. T_T
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Tell him to delete his configuration files and make him run zsnes again.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Teiji

Post by Teiji »

Ok I tried the "Save game: NONE" method and successfully loaded and played the game, but as the thing said, I couldn't save. Everytime I exit and return to zsnes, the save was gone.

So we use 1.337 like I.S.T. said, and now it's working superbly. Everything works fine. Thanks. :)

P.S. I used the softpatched rom.
Kaeus

Post by Kaeus »

With me also happened that, but after a few seconds worked.
Try to wait a little =)
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Okay guys, here's some of the games that freeze on 1.36 in net play that you can use without it freezing in 1.337. Secret of Evermore 2player/ Secret of Mana/ Seiken Densetsu 3/ Wario's Woods/Final Fantasy 4-6/Front Mission 2: Gun hazard/ Tales of Phantasia and yes I have played this 1player game online!/ Uniracers. I think that's all I can think of right now.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Gun Hazard isn't front Mission 2. It's a gaiden/side story/spin off. Front Mission two came out on the PS1.