3+ players on netplay

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Keleborzik

3+ players on netplay

Post by Keleborzik »

If I want 2 people to play on a computer, how do I configure that? What Input #'s do I configure and which check boxes do I check on the netplay screen?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

What are you asking? Are you asking how to set up netplay or how to set up two players, so that you two can play on the same computer? Because that's how your post looked like to me.

For general netplay help: http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3679

Also, use 142n or 1.36 and read netplay.txt
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Keleborzik

Post by Keleborzik »

I am asking how do I set it up so that 2+ players play on the same computer.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Configure Input #1, configure Input #2, etc. There is really not much else to it. If you want many people to play on the same computer, this has nothing to do with Netplay.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Keleborzik

Post by Keleborzik »

No, I know that. I want to be able to play on netplay with 3 or more players. So in order to do that, I need to have 2 computers connected over netplay and then on one of the computers have 2 or more players, right? I don't know how to set that up. I connected with my friend over netplay and he had input 1 and 2 configured and he checked the player 1 and 2 boxes on the netplay window. I checked the player 3 box. We tried to play bomberman but the game wouldn't read the second player on his computer. So I am asking, if I want to play with 3 or more players over netplay, how do I set that up?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

You need to set up two players on one comp first.. you may want to map the second person (that is using the same comp) out as Input #3.

Then it should work out...
1.36 and 1.42's netplay docs wrote:For controller options (PL1,PL2,PL3,..), the first checkmarked player would
be using Input #1 of the local side. The second checkmarked
player would be using Input #2 and so on. Players marked with an 'X' are
checkmarked on the remote side.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Keleborzik

Post by Keleborzik »

OK so I am the local side and my friend connects to me. He wants 2 players on his side. So I setup my Input #1 and check player 1. He sets up input #2 and #3 and checks the player 2 and 3 boxes? I think I have tried that and it did not work.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Keleborzik wrote:OK so I am the local side and my friend connects to me. He wants 2 players on his side. So I setup my Input #1 and check player 1. He sets up input #2 and #3 and checks the player 2 and 3 boxes? I think I have tried that and it did not work.
He probably should be input #1 and #2 on his end, plus he should be selecting both on his end first... and you as player #3 (as input #3 should be set for you).

If that still doesn't work though, then I'm sorry.

These are the kind of reasons why the ZSNES netplay code has to be redone. Multiplayer setups for older versions work better with multiple controllers on the same comp than via netplay.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Keleborzik

Post by Keleborzik »

OK, I will try that and see how it works out. Thank you.
Keleborzik

Post by Keleborzik »

Nope, it didn't work. Thanks anyway.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Hmm bomberman 2 worked out 3players once on zsnes using netplay. I just had to check mark the 3rd player and hit go into the terminal twice for the player to activate and voila. 3 player bomberman :D