Um.... okay... port forwarding didn't work... =/

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

FallenStar

Um.... okay... port forwarding didn't work... =/

Post by FallenStar »

Anyways, you have to make sure both sides (which is important) firewalls drops and ports forwarded (if required). There's always putting your comp out of the router's DMZ. In the worst case, you could try Hamachi to set up a virtual private network that avoids the firewalls.

Hey all. How's things going? =)

To Deathlike, sorry... I'm a bit nervous about all this technological stuff and thought I'd avoid a stupid question that would get me laughed out on my ear, lol.

Anyway, I've had my Windows Firewall disabled for years now and I never downloaded any other since I reinstalled. I've recently forwarded the ports as per the FAQ.

Now, you mentioned something about a router's DMZ? I'm afraid I don't have the foggiest clue what that is... (I'm not even sure I have a router, being that this isn't a wireless computer - external modem connected to a wall and everything), but every time we try, we sit forever hoping for some change in the "Waiting for Client"/"Connecting to server" status to change.

Clearly, as a computer noob, I'm doing something wrong on this ZSNES 1.36 and I'd be most appreciative if anyone can help me out. =)

Thanks for any and all assistance.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Re: Um.... okay... port forwarding didn't work... =/

Post by creaothceann »

FallenStar wrote:Now, you mentioned something about a router's DMZ? I'm afraid I don't have the foggiest clue what that is...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demilitari ... mputing%29
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
FallenStar

Re: Um.... okay... port forwarding didn't work... =/

Post by FallenStar »

Um... yeah... I don't really need to know *what* it is, so much as I need to know how to get around it... eheh... lol

I really don't know much about anything computer-wise, sorry... x.x
FallenStar

Post by FallenStar »

Um, I hate to sound like I'm rushing people on this, but I still kinda need to know what to do here to make this netplay feature work.

So far, I know nothing beyond the port forwarding, which just leaves the thing saying "Waiting for Client" or "Connecting to server" with no change.

Could anyone please help a total computer illiterate here? :cry:
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

As a quick reminder..

Port 7845 is supposed to be allowed, for both UDP and TCP.

Use Hamachi to workaround any firewall issues if worse comes to worse.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
FallenStar

Post by FallenStar »

Deathlike2 wrote:As a quick reminder..

Port 7845 is supposed to be allowed, for both UDP and TCP.

Use Hamachi to workaround any firewall issues if worse comes to worse.
Yes, I made sure to set it for both UDP and TCP.

But what confuses me the most is that I don't have a software firewall and my windows firewall is supposed to be turned off. :?:

Also, I'm not such who or what Hamachi is (eheh...) so could you give me a bit more info on that? =)
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

FallenStar wrote:Also, I'm not such who or what Hamachi is (eheh...)
Google is your friend. Ask more specific questions after you've read up, and you're more likely to get a useful answer.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.