Hamachi for Netplay (works perfectly!)

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

SlowChemical

Hamachi for Netplay (works perfectly!)

Post by SlowChemical »

I looked in the search, and while I did see some mention of Hamachi, I'm not sure if everyone has actually noticed it.

Hamachi is a program that allows players to connect to each other on a remote server, with newly generated IP addresses. As in, one player hosts, the other player types the host player's Hamachi address in, clicks join, and bam. Connected. (I haven't tested UDP for this yet, I usually uncheck)

While this won't really let you find random people to play with online, it works excellently for starting up private sessions of Netplay. If you're looking for people to play with however, try looking for others on here to connect to Hamachi with. Hope this helps some people out.

Make note, any lag you experience is most likely due to either of the players internet connections, not Hamachi. Hamachi is just setting up a TCP/IP connection online.

DL Link here: http://www.networkshamachi.com/ (I downloaded the 1.0.2.5 English, and am using v1.42 of ZSNES.)

Hope this helps some of you out.
Arkentau

Post by Arkentau »

I made an account to verify this, me and my friend had loads of fun all night with battletoads xD.

Also, we couldn't even get past level 1 >_>
Justifier!
Hazed

Post by Justifier! »

This works for VisualBoyAdvance Link as well...

Perfect for Netabattling and Pokemon Trading

:D
Zodiamaster

Post by Zodiamaster »

Can anybody give a step by step explanation of how to netplay with zsnes after isntalling hamachi?