Port Forwarding

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Wtf_police

Port Forwarding

Post by Wtf_police »

Ok, so when I type my private IP into my browser, it wont let me go to the page. So I typed in http://(My Private IP), and it asks me for a username and password... What the hell am I supposed to put there? Ive typed my computer login/password and every other login/password I know but it still wont let me see the page.. Anyone know why?
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

admin
password?

check your router manual?
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Wtf_police

Post by Wtf_police »

Well I guess Ill go look for that manual... I think I lost it :D
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Someone else (or maybe the manufacturer) probably has set up protection for the router.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Try typing "admin" in the user field and leaving the password in blank, some routers work that way, but checking the manual would be better.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Wtf_police

Post by Wtf_police »

:lol: Turns out the username AND password is "admin". I couldn't find the manual so I just figured I'd give it a try and it worked. :D
dfreer
Lurker

Post by dfreer »

about a year ago, i popped up netstumbler and found 4 wireless networks near my house. 3 were unsecured, and I guess the login name/password within 4 tries on each (two were default walmart linksys routers so that was easy). just for fun.