Introduce myself and question

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

juancarloszx7

Introduce myself and question

Post by juancarloszx7 »

Hello guys I just registered. I wanted to say thanks before hand as I know I am going to get a lot of help and knowledge from you.
I wanted to present you with what could be a challenge or just a matter of saying there is no way in He&* that this can be done. I work in a mortgage company. We found out about 1 month ago that we are going to be shut down, meaning pretty much that as of dec the 19th 2008 We will no longer have a job. As you know when this happens, they take almost all tasks from you. Meaning that we are just warming the chairs and talking stupid things around. Here is the challenge or easy answer. I got like 3 buddies of mine who I have been able to successfully install (Not install it, but be able to play it) snes9x (btw i am dumb) on their (Office) computers including myself. I am kind of like the I.T guy in my group (everybody has one right :). I want to be able to play against them. It would be a total of 3 or maybe 4 people. I have been trying to do these. I have read the entire "Having trouble with Netplay" article. The reason it doesn't help me is because I do not have administrator privileges. I have find out IP address, Default gateway, Subnet mask and everything but when I try to access the modem to do the forward port so that I can host. The page will not display. I tried all the possible variation of the Default gateway as the article recommends and nothing (I guess because is an office), I can not get there for the life of me I called the I.T department … I said: Hypothetically … if somebody needs to get in the modem to set up a port forward … again “Hypothetically” how would I go … I mean that person would go about it … His answer was: “Hypothetically” this person would be fired sooner! . Now, here is the thing, can I create sort of like an internal network so that we can play. We all share the same internet connection but different IP addresses.

Can you help me?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Introduce myself and question

Post by odditude »

juancarloszx7 wrote:Hello guys I just registered. I wanted to say thanks before hand as I know I am going to get a lot of help and knowledge from you.
I wanted to present you with what could be a challenge or just a matter of saying there is no way in He&* that this can be done. I work in a mortgage company. We found out about 1 month ago that we are going to be shut down, meaning pretty much that as of dec the 19th 2008 We will no longer have a job. As you know when this happens, they take almost all tasks from you. Meaning that we are just warming the chairs and talking stupid things around. Here is the challenge or easy answer. I got like 3 buddies of mine who I have been able to successfully install (Not install it, but be able to play it) snes9x (btw i am dumb) on their (Office) computers including myself. I am kind of like the I.T guy in my group (everybody has one right :). I want to be able to play against them. It would be a total of 3 or maybe 4 people. I have been trying to do these. I have read the entire "Having trouble with Netplay" article. The reason it doesn't help me is because I do not have administrator privileges. I have find out IP address, Default gateway, Subnet mask and everything but when I try to access the modem to do the forward port so that I can host. The page will not display. I tried all the possible variation of the Default gateway as the article recommends and nothing (I guess because is an office), I can not get there for the life of me I called the I.T department … I said: Hypothetically … if somebody needs to get in the modem to set up a port forward … again “Hypothetically” how would I go … I mean that person would go about it … His answer was: “Hypothetically” this person would be fired sooner! . Now, here is the thing, can I create sort of like an internal network so that we can play. We all share the same internet connection but different IP addresses.

Can you help me?
paragraphs. use them.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Why are you asking a question regarding snes9x netplay in Zsnes' netplay forum?

Does snes9x even supports multiple computers on netplay? Zsnes doesn't by the way.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

IIRC, it does, but not very well at all.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
juancarloszx7

Post by juancarloszx7 »

Thanks for your comments so far.

I am paragraphing now. The reason I am asking in this forum is because if there is a way to accomplish what I want to do with Zsnes then I will use Zsnes instead.
I apologize if this offended anyone. I am in no way comparing one to the other.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

juancarloszx7 wrote:Thanks for your comments so far.

I am paragraphing now. The reason I am asking in this forum is because if there is a way to accomplish what I want to do with Zsnes then I will use Zsnes instead.
I apologize if this offended anyone. I am in no way comparing one to the other.
No you can't, I just posted that you can't netplay with more than 2 computers with any of the current Zsnes versions.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.