Netplay/Cheating issue?

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

xGrAffitix

Netplay/Cheating issue?

Post by xGrAffitix »

Alright before I get bickered at for 'Not reading', let me explain my problem. I know you can't cheat over netplay, this isn't really the problem I'm having. There is a ROM I'm playing. Seiken Densetsu 3. I have been playing it on my own, and I used cheats for it. [Negative comments aside please.] Well, a buddy of mine wanted to play on netplay with me, so I sent them the rom, and we played. Well they didn't want to play anymore, so I went back to my own game, put in cheats, and now the cheats don't work all of a sudden. Is this a known issue, and does this happen with all ROM's? I'm a little ticked off about it, especially since I got fairly far in the game. I for one, don't want to spend 8 hours to level up 1 time. I don't have that kind of time.
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

in before roast
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Mmm... roast....
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Re: Netplay/Cheating issue?

Post by Deathlike2 »

xGrAffitix wrote:Alright before I get bickered at for 'Not reading', let me explain my problem. I know you can't cheat over netplay, this isn't really the problem I'm having. There is a ROM I'm playing. Seiken Densetsu 3. I have been playing it on my own, and I used cheats for it. [Negative comments aside please.] Well, a buddy of mine wanted to play on netplay with me, so I sent them the rom, and we played. Well they didn't want to play anymore, so I went back to my own game, put in cheats, and now the cheats don't work all of a sudden. Is this a known issue, and does this happen with all ROM's? I'm a little ticked off about it, especially since I got fairly far in the game. I for one, don't want to spend 8 hours to level up 1 time. I don't have that kind of time.
I doubt cheats "stop working"... but I suggest you should save in-game first (not using any savestates, but feel free to make a savestate after saving in-game), quit, reload ZSNES and the game and then you should be able to use cheats.

The issue you were probably facing is ending a netplay session in which something doesn't go quite right afterwards (probably needed to eventually quit ZSNES to get things operating properly).
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
xGrAffitix

Re: Netplay/Cheating issue?

Post by xGrAffitix »

I doubt cheats "stop working"... but I suggest you should save in-game first (not using any savestates, but feel free to make a savestate after saving in-game), quit, reload ZSNES and the game and then you should be able to use cheats.

The issue you were probably facing is ending a netplay session in which something doesn't go quite right afterwards (probably needed to eventually quit ZSNES to get things operating properly).
Well see that's the thing. I didn't use save states. Today I restarted my computer, just to see if any kind of netplay connection was still on and it didn't work. I had in-game saves. So I started a new game with the cheats, and they worked. This is the same exact rom. Then I reset, cheats still on. I loaded the in game state, and the codes didn't work. It just seems really weird. Could be just a bug, I guess it's no big deal, but it is a little frustrating.