Is the netcode still being worked on?

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

isamu
Hazed

Is the netcode still being worked on?

Post by isamu »

Hi. Just curious will there ever be a new release of ZSNES with improved netcode?

Not begging or asking for an ETA, just curious if it's something that in the pipeline.
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

I'll go get my crystal ball.
Hyos
Regular

Re: Is the netcode still being worked on?

Post by Hyos »

isamu wrote:Hi. Just curious will there ever be a new release of ZSNES with improved netcode?

Not begging or asking for an ETA, just curious if it's something that in the pipeline.
I believe the rewrite of ZSNES will make synching easier so implementing netplay would also be easier in the future. However, this could take years to achieve.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Re: Is the netcode still being worked on?

Post by Deathlike2 »

isamu wrote:Hi. Just curious will there ever be a new release of ZSNES with improved netcode?

First things first.

New core before new netplay, above all else... unless you prefer consistant desyncing...
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
isamu
Hazed

Post by isamu »

I understand. Thanks guys :)
jj_frap
Rookie

Post by jj_frap »

Why does ZSNES need a new core? Is the current core not amenable to netplay?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

jj_frap wrote:Why does ZSNES need a new core? Is the current core not amenable to netplay?
Bingo. Have you not seen the desync posts? That are the primary reason for the removal... in addition to how it was connected to ZSNES before (it was connected to the older movie system, which was a total mess).

Then again, I don't think you've even paid attention to the answers previously provided regarding this issue.
I wrote:New core before new netplay, above all else... unless you prefer consistant desyncing...
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...