Major Lag/Freezes in Seiken Densetsu 3 Help NEEDED!

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Auron2008

Major Lag/Freezes in Seiken Densetsu 3 Help NEEDED!

Post by Auron2008 »

Hi, My friend and I can connect to each other fine, through several methods including zbattle and Hamachi, however when we do play, we tend to lag/freeze every minute or so for a good 5-10 seconds. What could be the cause of this and how can we fix this. Thank you for any help you can offer.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It's helpful to mention what connections both of you have.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Auron2008

Post by Auron2008 »

Both of us have Cable Modems through Roadrunner and we are using linksys routers. My friend has the wireless-g router and I have a wired model. He is running on Vista, I am running on XP. Both of our computers run the programs with frame rates over 60 when we are not connected. I honestly don't see what the problem is... We have tried playing with windows firewalls off, we have used port forwarding (unless we messed up those settings) We have tried connecting UDP and TCP/IP and all of these cause the same type of lag/freezes.