Please help, can no longer connect via UDP

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Galatine

Please help, can no longer connect via UDP

Post by Galatine »

The basic problem is this: Using ZSNES 1.36, my friend and I cannot connect using UDP, and I cannot connect to her using TCP, but she can connect to me using TCP. This problem began recently, when I started using a newer computer. A few months ago we could connect using UDP with no trouble whatsoever. I've been trying to remedy the problem for weeks now, but I'm completely lost and am in dire need of help. We also cannot connect via Kaillera any longer, but that's beside the point.

When I host a game using UDP and she attempts to connect, it just says "Found Client" and hangs there. When I try to connect to her it doesn't even get that far. When I try to connect to her using TCP protocol the emulator informs me that I cannot connect to the other side.

We're both running Broadband Cable internet. She is behind a router but I am not, as I use a Linksys Cable Modem with no router capabilities whatsoever.

We both use Windows Vista and have tried disabling IPv6, which supposedly helps when one is having trouble with UDP, but that didn't go anywhere. We run into the same problem either way.

We've both tried disabling Windows Firewall, and she's even gone as far as to log into her router (Netgear CG814WG V2 Combined Modem/Router) and disable its firewall as well. Before that we both tried forwarding all the necessary ports with no progress whatsoever.

My current PC is running an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor with 2GB of ram, a huge jump from what I used previously. My friend's PC is running a Quad Core Processor also with 2GB of ram. If there is any other information that might be useful I'd be more than happy to find out and post it ASAP.

I'd again like to emphasize that this problem only began when I purchased a new machine so I'm quite sure that this isn't a problem with either of our ISPs, but I will give them a call if there are absolutely no other suggestions. Really, I will try anything, so please try and help my friend and I out. :(
rnoyer

same issue

Post by rnoyer »

Hi,

I am having the same udp issue. I have been able to connect as recently as a few days ago. Now when i'm server we get the message "found client" and nothing happens. To my knowledge neither of us has changed anything. All of our ports are forwarded correctly since like i said we just had it working recently. What are some places to look for fixes to this udp issue?

Thanks