I have abosolutley no idea why i cant connect.

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

HotLoad

I have abosolutley no idea why i cant connect.

Post by HotLoad »

Lets rephrase so maybe ill get a response. Ports forwarded on the computer downstairs and I'm getting my internet connection wirelessly form that computer. Do I need to do anything to my computer to get this working on mine?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I assume you are connecting to your own local network? There shouldn't be any issues as long as the ports are opened, both ways.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: I have abosolutley no idea why i cant connect.

Post by odditude »

HotLoad wrote:Ports forwarded on the computer downstairs and I'm getting my internet connection wirelessly form that computer.
If I had to take a guess, from your description it sounds like your computer downstairs has a wired connection to the internet (via cable/dsl/whatever) and also a wireless adapter. That wireless adapter is bridged via ICS to allow your other computer to hit the internet via its own wireless adapter. Is that correct?

If not, please specify and/or diagram EXACTLY how everything's connected (any relevant computers w/ network interfaces labeled, hubs/switches, internet connection(s)) so we can give useful responses.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.