1-Sided Connection

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

RamieV

1-Sided Connection

Post by RamieV »

So me and my friend started doing LP's recently, but we were in the same house, but he moved further away recently so it's harder to do.
I've been looking around the forums for hours and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

I'm having a problem with netplay, I can connect to him when he hosts, but he can't connect to me. I'm try to host so I can record better footage but every time he tries to connect with me, he gets a "Could not connect to other side" error.

Any thoughts?
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Add the necessary port forwarding rules to your firewall and/or router?
RamieV

Post by RamieV »

I'm pretty sure I have, if I have not, how can I check?
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Find your router on this page and you should find directions to its firewall port forwarding setup.
RamieV

Post by RamieV »

What page are you talking about ? O__________e
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Just select "board syle = subsilver" in your profile.
kode54 wrote:Find your router on this page and you should find directions to its firewall port forwarding setup.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

The words "this page" in my previous post are a link to another site, http://www.portforward.com/

The theme designer for whichever board theme you are using (the default?) should be shot for not making links easily distinguishable from normal text.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

kode54 wrote:The theme designer for whichever board theme you are using (the default?) should be shot for not making links easily distinguishable from normal text.
That would be Richard C. if I remember right.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.