Our connection was fine a year ago

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Malachai

Our connection was fine a year ago

Post by Malachai »

About a year ago, a friend and I, who lives two provinces away, played the hell out of online ZSNES, with absolutely nothing in the way of hiccups or problems at all. We played through all sorts of different ROMs before he had to leave the country for a little while. We used Hamachi to help connect, and we even used Skype on and off. It was pretty sweet.

Flash forward to about a few hours ago. We're trying to do an LP, with him in charge of video and me in charge of audio, so we have Fraps and Audacity also running, respectively. Things go okay for the first little while, but now ZSNES just freezes and sometimes outright crashes occasionally. We tried using all sorts of different versions - just about everything after 1.36 (the one that runs best is 1.42n) - but the result is always the same. 1.36 can't get past the first two seconds of emulation before I'm suddenly running on 2 FPS.

What could be causing this? We were doing so well last year - what could be different now from then? Could anyone please help us?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Our connection was fine a year ago

Post by odditude »

Malachai wrote:what could be different now from then?
you nailed it right on the head. what changes have each of you made to your systems since then? hardware, software, internet connections (different router on one/both ends)

any of them could be the culprit - but we can't tell you what's changed on your end(s).
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.