I can't connect

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

goku2000u

I can't connect

Post by goku2000u »

Ok my friend and I have Windows Vista Compaq.

We both are using internet by connecting to wireless networks, I have my laptop's internet connected to my own Netgear router in my living room and my friend is using her internet using her neighbor's router network (Linksys I believe)

My signal is perfect and her's is "Fair (3 signal bars out of 5.) We both are using Zsnes 1.42 and we can't connect to Netplay. Despite all of my effort tryhing to figure out what the problem is, there's nothing I can do except finally ask the question on the forum so I hope you guys can help me out.

I don't know if she has to have perfect internet service or we are using the wrong IP Adress. I don't know what to do. I am pretty much stuck.

The Zsnes Netplay displays my own Ip address which starts with 192.168.*.*** and when I check the whatismyip.com it has a different address. I don't know which one and I'm completely lost.

And one more thing, when we try to connect all it says is "Connecting to server" and nothing happens.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Make sure both routers are properly set up with the port that ZSNES uses to be open.

192.168.x.x are IPs for your LAN (those comps that are using your router). That obviously is not what you should be using for the IP. Whatsmyip.com shows you the correct IP.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...