ZSNES Netplay Mac

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Skylium

ZSNES Netplay Mac

Post by Skylium »

Yea, I know. It has been asked before but this question is more specific. So me and a friend want to do some SNES netplay. I have a PC, he has a Mac. We're going to use Hamachi (he will use HamachiX).

A few questions:

1. Does any ZSNES version for Mac have netplay?
2. Is there another SNES emulator that has cross platform netplay?
3. Would we be able to netplay if he uses CodeWeavers CrossOver 9.0 to run ZSNES 1.42n?
4. Any alternative?

Thank you.

- Skylium
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

You might be able to compile 1.42n through Xcode. You might need to run it in X11 though. Not sure if there were any patches needed to get it to just run in mac os. I've seen some patches to add proper integration and stuff but if all you want is a netplay build, you shouldn't need it.

I'd honestly be surprised if nobody has come up with a solution for this that's ready-made, though.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Skylium

Post by Skylium »

Thank you for your answer. Me and him don't have any programming skills though. I will look around for a solution. It would be great.