Netplay Freeze

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Matt995

Netplay Freeze

Post by Matt995 »

I have follow the instructions and have portforwarded successfully but after the connection is established in zsnes, zsnes freezes.
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Netplay Freeze

Post by paulguy »

I think both sides need to port forward for zsnes to work. Otherwise, try TCP.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Matt995

Post by Matt995 »

What i mean is the game starts after connecting and then freezes immediately.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Oh, well, we need more information, then.

zsnes version, OS, specs, games tried, any other things you might find important. Saying "it doesn't work" isn't terribly helpful most of the time.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Matt995

Post by Matt995 »

Any and every snes rom makes it freeze, but the roms work when using the emulator offline. And the computer specs have absolutely nothing to do with it because this occurs even on the network hosts computer. Also i use 1.36 and 1.42 for netplay and both have the same problem. I've even tried 1.337 and still the problem persists.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Don't use UDP, instead use TCP.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

I already recommended that. It's probably a shitty router or a shitty ISP or something.
Matt995

Post by Matt995 »

shitty my ass. i have high-speed internet and the router is only about a year old. Its a belkin g wireless router.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Well, I don't know what to tell you, then. People have mentioned pretty much anything worth trying and you either ignored any advice. I suppose you could wait for one of the devs to come in and recommend something, but they'd probably say the same thing, and wouldn't be as nice towards you not trying anything.

I suppose as an absolute last resort, you could try something like Hamachi, but that method isn't exactly optimal.
Matt995

Post by Matt995 »

Oh, i forgot to say, if i click cancel when connecting to someone in zsnes my ip shows as N/A. And the routers security log shows my connection timing out as well.
Matt995

Post by Matt995 »

Of all the fucking luck. It turns out that the routers internal firewall was doing it. I can netplay now!!!