(?) NetPlay & my host?

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

WarrenSH

(?) NetPlay & my host?

Post by WarrenSH »

I have a .com url & I pay a monthly fee for a server host. I would like to know if I can point my host to the NetPlay so that I can have myself & 1 friend play online matches with each other. Is there away to get this to happen? Or do i need to driect connect via my ISP & so on?
paulguy
Zealot

Re: (?) NetPlay & my host?

Post by paulguy »

You can only direct connect to each other. The only other way is to use VPN like hamachi on the server but then you'll have higher latency and the risks involved with allowing people to VPN in to your server. Why not just figure out port forwarding so you don't need to screw around with that stuff?
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
WarrenSH

Post by WarrenSH »

paulguy wrote:Why not just figure out port forwarding so you don't need to screw around with that stuff?
Please explain to me how forwarding the port/ports will make a better connection. Also maybe point me or write me a tutorial on how to do this port forward that you speak of. I know about the website http://www.portforward.com/ :mrgreen:
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

ZSNES uses a direct connection between players, there is no support for anything between the players so yes you could have your server host but then the server would be playing, not you :P
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64