Please help, can't connect!!!

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

MCheryll

Please help, can't connect!!!

Post by MCheryll »

Ok, both my friend and I added zsnes on the windows firewall exceptions, we both have version 1.36 of zsnes, then I gave her my IP, which I got from www.whatsmyip.com, I put my nickname and click to be the server, and she puts in her nickname, and puts my ip, and clicks connect to server, but nothing happens, mine gets stuck on "waiting for client" hers gets stuck on "connecting to server".

What are we doing wrong?
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Please help, can't connect!!!

Post by paulguy »

You should both forward your ports, if you're behind routers (This may be the case even if you both only have 1 computer on the network or if you just have a modem from your ISP, which may also have a router as part of the unit, especially if it has WIFI capability.) then it should work. If not, you could try using TCP mode.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
justin_ruch1180

Re: Please help, can't connect!!!

Post by justin_ruch1180 »

Should I turn off my wifi??