Seiken Densetsu 3 netplay problem

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

whel

Seiken Densetsu 3 netplay problem

Post by whel »

hi, me and a friend are trying to play SD3 on zsnes netplay but it isn't working well. we played through all of secret of mana on netplay using hamachi with no problems, but we had to use tcp because when we used udp we were only able to connect and get to the chat, but the program would crash whenever we tried to load a game.

we tried out SD3 (still on tcp) and it started out fine, but occasionally we will both get out of sync from eachother, so his character will be walking against a wall on my screen or i will get stuck on a screen transition or the game will just freeze where the animations and music are still playing but both of our characters stop moving. since it is pretty much unplayable like this, i was hoping somebody here could tell me any possible way to fix this. We have tried opening ports, not using hamachi and using hamachi, and hosting from both sides (both TCP and UDP) and nothing changes, UDP still freezes when loading the rom, and TCP still has the random issues I mentioned.
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Seiken Densetsu 3 netplay problem

Post by paulguy »

Welll, I guess you could try posting the NSRT output on your ROMs. I know some games just don't work well with netplay...
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae