Netplay is working on Desktop Computer But not Portable Comp

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ShinRaphael

Netplay is working on Desktop Computer But not Portable Comp

Post by ShinRaphael »

If i wana be able to connect with my friends, i am forced to go to my computer. Wenever i would try to connect to my friends from my laptop, it would not connect. What do i have to do to make it work on my laptop like on my computer? Please help me. This is a problem i have been having for years that i finally decided to deal with now.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Re: Netplay is working on Desktop Computer But not Portable

Post by adventure_of_link »

First off, to answer your PM, this is a web forum, not a 24/7 tech support service...

Next, did you make sure the ports are forwarded to your laptop's hostname or LAN IP?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
ShinRaphael

Post by ShinRaphael »

I was just afraid my topic would never get answered if i didn't let you know about it.. I'm not to good with ports. I haven't been able to get on my router latelly. And i didn't know ports needed to be set for both Desktop Computer and Portable Computer.
Last edited by ShinRaphael on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

ShinRaphael wrote:I was just afraid my topic would never get answered if i didn't let you know about it.. I'm not to good with ports. i haven't been able to get on my router latelly. And i didn't know ports needed to be set for both Desktop Computer and Portable Computer.
Yep, they do. one of the very first painful lessons I learned about Broadband... within the same week I first got it so long ago...

Since the instructions vary based on make/model you may wanna RTFM for this one or Google.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
ShinRaphael

Post by ShinRaphael »

adventure_of_link wrote:
ShinRaphael wrote:I was just afraid my topic would never get answered if i didn't let you know about it.. I'm not to good with ports. i haven't been able to get on my router latelly. And i didn't know ports needed to be set for both Desktop Computer and Portable Computer.
Yep, they do. one of the very first painful lessons I learned about Broadband... within the same week I first got it so long ago...

Since the instructions vary based on make/model you may wanna RTFM for this one or Google.
Finally found the book for my router. Entered the url, went on my router and allowed all programs to work on my laptop. I can finally play emulators on my laptop. So if annyone is interrested in playing some games, just pm me.