Weird Problem With Zsnes 1.36 Online

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Garro

Weird Problem With Zsnes 1.36 Online

Post by Garro »

Hey guys, I've been having a bizarre problem with Zsnes 1.36 online. Let me explain the situation. Previously I was using Windows XP Home and I had no problems with any Zsnes version period. Then I had to reinstall XP but didn't have the system CD. So I bought XP Pro and I've been having the error ever since. Here is the error: Zsnes 1.36 works fine when I play games offline. The only problems occur when I try to use the netplay feature. For some reason there is a huge delay between them connecting and us actually seeing the chat room screen. After that, if I can get a game loaded there is massive lag online. I have tried reinstalling Zsnes 1.36 and changing firewalls/antivirus and it hasn't helped. None of the problems occur in Zsnes 1.42 online. If anyone has any idea of what to do please tell me. I can give more information if needed.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Re: Weird Problem With Zsnes 1.36 Online

Post by Mark57Raider »

Try playing with zsnes 1.337 on netplay. Like I've said millions of times after time after time again, it is the best one to use online. I know this from experience. I don't know how I can solve the zsnes 1.36 issue, but zsnes 1.337 works better online. Desync wise and start up wise.
Garro

Post by Garro »

I should have been more explicit in saying that the problem also occurs on Zsnes 1.337 and 1.3 as well. As far as I know only 1.42 and possibly 1.41 work fine online for me.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

If 1.42 works... why not use 1.42? That IS generally the point of a higher version number, it's a better version of the software...
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Garro

Post by Garro »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:If 1.42 works... why not use 1.42? That IS generally the point of a higher version number, it's a better version of the software...
The netplay isn't as good on Zsnes 1.42 and for some games you have to uncheck enable sound on it or it will desync. That's why I want to get 1.36 or 1.337 working properly.
Garro

Post by Garro »

Made some new insights recently on this. The problem is with my CPU usage. When I connect with 1.36 online, my CPU usage goes up to 100% and Zsnes.exe takes up about 95-100%. Curiously, none of this happens with 1.42 or versions aside from 1.337. Not sure why it happens but maybe this will give someone an idea of what the problem is.

Edit: I now know it's not just online and not just with Zsnes 1.36. When I load a game with any Zsnes version the CPU usage shoots up. When I play online with 1.36 this remains a problem but it curiously enough doesn't happen in 1.42 online. I know this doesn't make sense but maybe this will give someone an idea of what to do.