Frustrating UDP problems

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Mattlore

Frustrating UDP problems

Post by Mattlore »

Ok, so I've been looking around for something similar to my problem, but I can't seem to locate it.

My girlfriend and I are using ZSNES 1.42 for netplay and was working beautifully up until my computer restart due to windows updates (I was the server host). So upon getting everything rebooted and started up, when I tried to get zsnes (I left my brains in the womb) running again, she was encountering a UDP error, and when trying to launch over TCP/IP it wouldn't even initiate.

We're both using Hamachi VPN to circumvent the use of port forwarding (And like I said it was working JUST fine up until the restart). If anyone knows how to get this to work, I would be VERY appreciative.
Last edited by Mattlore on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Frustrating UDP problems

Post by odditude »

(I left my brains in the womb)
ooh, that one's new to me. what typo led there?
</offtopic>
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

zn.ses
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Mattlore

Post by Mattlore »

Uhhh...I didn't even make that typo. It was originally
"It was working fine up until the restart" so a moderator must have edited it. May I ask why and why the need for such a childish attack?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

We're talking about the typo on the emulator's name.

It's a typo, it happens.
The resulting text filtering is automated. Your post wasn't edited by a moderator (and as of right now the typo is still there).
It's childish because being serious all the time sucks.
Don't take it to heart too much.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Mattlore

Post by Mattlore »

grinvader wrote:We're talking about the typo on the emulator's name.

It's a typo, it happens.
The resulting text filtering is automated. Your post wasn't edited by a moderator (and as of right now the typo is still there).
It's childish because being serious all the time sucks.
Don't take it to heart too much.
Ohhh....
I didn't even notice I made that. I was referring to the person who said "I left my brains in the whom" and I had assumed that I had broken some form of etiquette or rules about posting about this problem. I was curious as to where the text came from is all.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

There is a historical precedent for people that are simply incapable of grasping the emulator has two 'S'es in the name, even after it's directly pointed out to them. The filter is to give the regulars a laugh at their expense.

Occasionally it bites someone like yourself who legitimately just made a typo. just think of it as an initiation rite.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:There is a historical precedent for people that are simply incapable of grasping the emulator has two 'S'es in the name, even after it's directly pointed out to them. The filter is to give the regulars a laugh at their expense.
i'm aslo suspectible to this.
sometimes when i intent to type "zsnes", i end up typing "znes" instead.
i wonder if there any (more-)scientific backed explainantion for this.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Yeah, it's called you suck at the typing. Incurable.
皆黙って俺について来い!!