NETPLAY IS BROKEN - Complete Re-write Upcoming

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

You should use the edit button next time. :wink: Back to your problem, maybe the both of you should try using 1.42?
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
FrigidFox

Post by FrigidFox »

wait I think I have it figured out my Personal IP is 192.168.1.101 and I put 192.168.1.100 for the forwarding, you think that could have been the problem?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/Xero2nuthin/ToSSimpleSig.jpg[/img]
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Probably.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
hellspawn440

this might be a dumb question

Post by hellspawn440 »

is it possible to get 3 people playing on seperate computers with netplay or is it limited to 2 people...? asking because i wanted to play Seiken Densetsu 3 with both my friends.... at the same time
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Re: this might be a dumb question

Post by kevman »

hellspawn440 wrote:is it possible to get 3 people playing on seperate computers with netplay or is it limited to 2 people...? asking because i wanted to play Seiken Densetsu 3 with both my friends.... at the same time
No... Yes... You can't, the game doesn't even allow it on a real SNES.

3 computer netplay is not implemented.
The game SD3 does not have 3 players implemented, either.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Ok, from current CVS on, ZSNES will not be able to Netplay until we finish writing a new, better netplay feature.

Clicking on the 'netplay' button shouldn't crash, it should just do nothing.

[edit - less engrish now thanks to awesome powers at work]
Last edited by grinvader on Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

grinvader wrote:Ok, from current CVS on, ZSNES will not be able to Netplay until we finish writing a new, better netplay feature.

Clicking on the 'netplay' button shouldn't crash, it should just do nothing.
So is DOS netplay permanently dead, or will it be there for 1.43?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

IceFox wrote:So is DOS netplay permanently dead, or will it be there for 1.43?
Well, I can't promise anything, but we'll try and make the new netplay code port-independant...
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

grinvader wrote:
IceFox wrote:So is DOS netplay permanently dead, or will it be there for 1.43?
Well, I can't promise anything, but we'll try and make the new netplay code port-independant...
Unless there's some sort of library for UDP or TCP/IP in DOS, I think it's dead.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Kagerato »

Nach wrote:Unless there's some sort of library for UDP or TCP/IP in DOS, I think it's dead.
Something like this, perhaps...?
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Kagerato wrote:
Nach wrote:Unless there's some sort of library for UDP or TCP/IP in DOS, I think it's dead.
Something like this, perhaps...?

Perhaps. If someone would look at some of the libs out there and see which one we can legally use with ZSNES and can be used with DJGPP. It would be nice.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by xamenus »

So...would I have the approval of the devs if I removed all mentions of IPX support in the docs for 1.43? Or should I wait for now?
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

You have my approval.

Post by xamenus »

Nach wrote:You have my approval.
Good, now all we need is for someone to remove the IPX option from the GUI (if it isn't already), so that we can put a new image of the DOS netplay menu in the docs.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

I don't know if DOS will have netplay anymore. Odds are it won't. If it does, it'll be the same thing Windows and *nix have.

Post by Magusx »

Soga wrote:With v1.36, it wouldn't load Seiken Densetsu 3 half the time.

No, you are just impatient. Give it a minute or more to load...I hate n00bs who don't listen to me, but that's me...
Just do drugs...they are good for you (not the additive ones)
Lifter

weird

Post by Lifter »

Hmm, new here, first post.
Yes, im experiencing problems too on 1.42 version Netplay, it crashes and lags a LOT. Not normal, in 1.36 it doesnt lag, but its just crashing some seconds/minutes (its random) after I load the game, its very weird, when it crashes i need to double ESC, so i assume the second player, save state, and then load state when I create a serv again.
I already tried a lot of games, and it happens in all.

Could you help me?

PS: I already tried with a lot of friends, happened with all, then i went to another PC, (i got a win 98 and a win xp), crashed too.
I dont know what to do now :P

PS2: thats just happening now, when i used to play 1-2 years ago, it was perfect.
Zero_

Post by Zero_ »

ZSnes 1.42
Game: Seiken2 (Secret of Mana)
Mode: UDP
Resoultion: 1280 x 1024 DS Win
Specs: 2.8GHz P4
512MB RAM
ATI Radeon X600 Pro
Windows XP SP2
Connection: 56k
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

im on 1.42 and everything just works fine (bust a move, top gear2, contra3,lemmings,pieces,super double dragon, mario kart, super bowling,rampart etc)

1mega Dsl conexion

amd k6 III 450mhz
224mo sdramm
tnt2 ultra 32mo

it seems that when i sometimes desynch, its due to a too big difference between my conexion speed and the one of the other player.

But most of the time (90%) when i play with someone who has 512/1meg/2meg or + conexion speed its just fine.

excuse my awful english .
rlbond
Hazed

Post by rlbond »

1.42 netplay worked on a lan for both turtles in time and kirby's dream course, but with udp enabled, the client kept "jumping" when I turned the latency down. It looked kind of like a typewriter effect.

Speaking of typewriter, did you know you can type the word "typewriter" with just the top line on a querty keyboard? It was so salesman could demonstrate the machine quickly.
To truly own, you must own at all games.
Demonis

Possible solution

Post by Demonis »

Okay, me and a friend have had the same problems described.

here is what we have tried, what worked, and what didnt.

Tested in versions 1.36 AND 1.42

Only game tested : TMNT: Turtles in time

I do not know his computer specs, mine are as follows:

AMD Athlon XP Barton 2500+
gig ram (two sticks)
120gb Maxtor
Asus A7n8x mobo deluxe
windows XP pro - sp1 - all drivers updated, most windows updates/security risks installed.

okay. First we tried both versions using udp, and tcp on the port zsnes gives. None of it works. I cant connect to him, nor him me. Then i changed my port to 8080 and he could connect to me, but not me to him. He is on DSL, im on 56k.

I believe it may just be a windows port issue. Many ports have been closed up due to vulnerabilities in windows, and im sure windows has many underlying software programs running to monitor unspecified ports as well. I think the whole problem is a port issue, on which ports are accepted on the server, as well as possibly the connection.
NightingaleNT
Rookie

Post by NightingaleNT »

I made a topic without reading this one, so I guess I'll say it here:

I've been using ZSNES for a long time through most of the releases, and the ~only~ feature I want to work at this point is the quicksave in multiplayer. I thought I was having a problem, but apparently it's not supported...it'd be great if it was.

I don't understand much of the coding, I'm sure it's difficult, but I'd really appreciate it if it worked.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Small update:

I just wanted to say we may release a version of v1.42 in the near future that should be mostly identical except have stable netplay.

However in the WIPs we currently are netplayless and will be till the new more powerful netplay core is completed.

Post by aminalshmu »

sweet!

awesome.

still greatly looking forward to the new netplay code, and the new gui...
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

For pretty stable netplay based on a recent build see:
http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 4454#74454