Good RPG Games for Netplay?

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ChibiIchi

Good RPG Games for Netplay?

Post by ChibiIchi »

I was wondering if there were any good RPG games to use over netplay. Me and my friend were going to play Secret of Mana but he and his other friend who was playing suddenly couldn't save the game. Are there any other good RPG games we could play?
ice_cold513

Post by ice_cold513 »

Seiken Densetsu 3
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Seiken Densetsu 2 aka Secret of Mana :lol:
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Alex187

Post by Alex187 »

How is Secret of Mana 2players? I can't get it to work with 2 players.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Alex187 wrote:How is Secret of Mana 2players? I can't get it to work with 2 players.
you need the girl or the sprite first in your party before trying, then press start or select on the 2nd player's controller.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Secret of Mana is actually 1-3 players according to GameFAQs.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Lifter

Post by Lifter »

weird, when i try to play netplay those rpg games,
seiken and secrets of evermore (hack), zsnes crashes... anybody got a idea why it isnt possible to play those rpgs online? :P
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Lifter wrote:seiken and secrets of evermore (hack)
Scan your ROMs with NSRT and report back with the data.
PS: From what you just said, you may have just answered yourself on why it doesn't work. :lol: But to be on the safe side, scan them with NSRT.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Lifter

Post by Lifter »

Sorry i dont know to scan :X
Can anyone send me a tutorial?
When i run nsrt (btw i am dumb), it closes short time after, i cant type any command, its too fast the text scrolling.
But i got this, when i placed the rom over the exe file, i print screened fast because it closed short time after too :P

http://tinypic.com/5eua8h
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

The reason why NSRT closes so fast like that is because it was designed to be ran in the MS-DOS (win9x)/Command Prompt (NT Kernels (Win NT, 2k pro, XP Family, Server 2k3, Longhorn Beta (If you got it :P).) But your method of providing us with NSRT info works also :P.
From what your NSRT info shows, it comfirms just what I thought: An evil bad dump. The best thing to do is either download it again from a different source, or redump your cart.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Lifter

Post by Lifter »

How i Redump?
Now i downloaded Secret of Mana, played some time to get to the Sprite part and get 2 player, but i couldnt play online in the rom, too, downloaded another version, and i couldnt play online too, going to download some more and try again, if i cant i send the scan so u can see if there is any problem :D
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

It's bad because it has been hard-patched with the translation (Look at the internal name). Download the (J) version, verify that and then soft-patch or hardpatch (making a back-up of the original)
Lifter

Post by Lifter »

Download the (J) version, verify that and then soft-patch or hardpatch (making a back-up of the original)
even the (J) version of seiken desentsu didnt open online.

http://tinypic.com/5f1c43

and Secret of Mana, didnt open too online

http://tinypic.com/5f1x0n (this one isnt complete but i think it has the necessary information - it closes very fast, hard to get a precise ss)

hmm i dont think there is any hack on them, and i didnt find signal of bad dump ¬¬ but tell me what u think, why they crash when i load.
and if u know and tell me how to redump, and what happens when i redump. :D
thanks all
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Those roms are fine, no need for a redump. Which version of ZSNES are using? Netplay was disabled in the newer WIP versions, so roll back to an official release if this is the case.
Lifter

Post by Lifter »

i use version 1.36, but i will test the new version if at least the game opens in online gameplay.

(how do i redump a game? and what happens to it after i do it?)

edit: with version 1.42 all games work, even the hacked version of evermore, with dump problems, and it didnt crashes today. weird, at least, a good new, i can play rpgs online ;)