How do you setup Netplay?

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Zelos_the_hero

How do you setup Netplay?

Post by Zelos_the_hero »

How do you setup Netplay? When I try to set it up, it won't log me in. I use the top option since the bottom option always fails. Can somebody help me?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Assuming you and your opponent both have ZSnes v1.42 (official) or a Feburary 2k5 WIP...
1. If you two are using a firewall, make sure to open and forward the port(s) you plan on using, see port forwarding 101 sticky.
2. If you are on a broadband connection, you need to visit http://www.whatismyip.com to record your real IP, if you're on dialup just type ipconfig at the command prompt and note the IP it gives you, but ZSnes should report back your IP if on dialup.
3. Contact your friend to give him/her your IP.
4. Open ZSnes.
5. Goto Netplay -> Internet and ONE of you click Start as Server. I would recommend that the faster of the two computers be server.
6. Have your friend get into netplay, and he'll type in the port you are using and your IP, then click Connect to Server.
7. Start a game and have fun! :)
Oh, and one more thing: You may want to check about UDP support through your ISP's, as some do have UDP ports blocked.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Please read the docs that came with ZSNES.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform