Any good zsnes netplay programs?

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Vision

Any good zsnes netplay programs?

Post by Vision »

I read the sticky, but I dont agree with the ones listed, they dont fit the word good. So does anyone know any other good ones that might have not been posted into the sticky yet? Anythin in develeopement?

Incase you are wondering why I think the ones in the sticky are not good then, these are my opinions on the current zsnes programs based on my own personal observations, if you are offended then it's not my fault, because I'm just reporting what I see.

snes.bloviated is gone because the website link is down, never had a chance to try it.

z-net had potentional, it showed professionalism and lots of interest in the beginning, but it's also run by a megalomaniac, it's dead for months with no updates, and the people on there are rude and megalomaniacal. And it is also run in mIRC by a script system. This will prevent it from ever really becoming popular and being able to compete with other programs because many people dislike or have a strong aversion to IRC.

club-z is a joke, I won't even comment any further.

zbattle is a charade. They'd rather release chat servers and premium member$ sections, money related advertising projects on their forum then actually improve and fix their program. It had potential but the people who run it ban for stupid sudden reasons, show lack of professionalism, and they show lack of interest for snes and the zbattle program itself, which leads me to believe that is why it takes for years between their program or even website updates or so called progress updates that never see the light. Basically I don't take anything they say seriously. Zbattle 2.0? I'll believe it when I see it. It's a shame really, because this one seems to be the most popular, yet it's held back by the very people that run it, it could be so much more then what it is right now.