Cannot Connect: Netplay Problem

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

CoA

Cannot Connect: Netplay Problem

Post by CoA »

No matter what I keep my settings under, I am never able to connect.

But it's weird, this never happened to me before. I was playing with a friend of mine, then he invited me into a game with four people which unavoidably crashed two of our games.

Now, me and the other kids whos Zsnes crashed cannot Netplay with ANYONE anymore

Is this a known problem already? If so how do I fix it
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

Read and follow the stickies.

I cannot be more specific unless you are.

We need to know what type of connection you each have, what version of Zsnes, if you are behind routers, etc.

We cannot magically become aware of your situation.

Also, there is a forum specifically for this. Off we go!
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
CoA

Post by CoA »

okay...

25k/dsl (not sure the kbs)

no firewalls

v 1.36
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

Grumble.

MORE.

So you ARE not behind a router? You both have real IPs?

Netplay works fine in 1.36, so there is somthing wrong with your internet connection.

I do not recommended updating to a newer version for Netplaying. I think it was broken not long afterwards.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
CoA

Post by CoA »

it works now...just seems my IP can't host a game but others can
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

If you have more than one computer on your DSL connection, read the Router Port Forwarding 101 thread.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
CoA

Post by CoA »

I used to have my laptop on a wireless connection, but that's broken so no more. And his computer is no where near mine, out of state (if you were thinking he's my brother or something) so that's not a possibility either. Apparently I can't connect anymore though. I tried it with 1.42 and 1.36, tried a bunch of IPs (Using ipconfig in dos) and nothing worked. I can't host he can't host. Nothing
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

If you didn't change anything after your laptop broke, then you have a router. It'll be cabled between your DSL modem and your computer.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]