3-4 player netplay, plz help

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

sihTdaeRtnaCuoY

3-4 player netplay, plz help

Post by sihTdaeRtnaCuoY »

Ok I dont know much about the netplay but ive played netplay with 1 other person a few times, is it even possible to have 4 players on zsnes? We Were trying to play bomberman 2, which is 4 player compatible, and 2 of us could connect at a time, but when the other tried to connect it would say connection successful but we couldnt chat and when we loaded the rom the 3rd player was not in the game

3 of us were trying to play
Me: DSL connection, not hosting (All of us unchecked UDP.)

Friend 1: Cable connection, Host, does have a router but it works fine when me and him play

Friend 2: DSL or Cable im not sure, doesnt use a router(dont think so), works fine when he plays with friend 1.

we are all using version 1.35, because ive been told alot that it is the best for netplay. Can anyone give me info on how to play 3 or 4 player netplay?
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

It is currently impossible to have more than 2 players in a netplay game, sorry. Netplay is currently being reworked; the next version of ZSNES with netplay may support 3 or more players.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

To netplay with more than 2 people, you have to buddy up on 2 computers.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

And 1.36 is the best version for netplay.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
sihTdaeRtnaCuoY

Post by sihTdaeRtnaCuoY »

Alright thanks for the help guys. Hope the new version of Zsnes has 3-4 player netplay ability, seeing as how that would be awesome. :D