Zbattle, Z-Net, zConnector, ZeNP etc.

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

xamenus
Veteran

Zbattle, Z-Net, zConnector, ZeNP etc.

Post by xamenus »

zbattle.net - This service connects ZSNES users to a centralized server to find others to netplay against.

Z-Net - This is an active IRC channel with a custom script for ZSNES netplay.

zConnector - A utility with a nice GUI that allows you to find others to play mutliplayer SNES games against.

ZeNP - a command-line tool (with a frontend available for Windows) for configuring ZSNES netplay.

These services are not owned and maintained by the ZSNES developers. Please, before posting troubleshooting related issues with services like these, first be sure to check their respective forums/FAQs/manuals. Also be aware that these servers may be down at unpredictable times. Unfortunately, we have no control over this.

-- Time for an update:
Out of the previous ones, Z-Net I is still live. ZBattle clone with an irc style central server, still coded by DarkAkuma.
Last edited by xamenus on Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

Please note that Kalliera will probably never be supported by ZSNES due to incompatible license agreements.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

Before I begin, I will apologize if I didn't put this in the correct thread. I hope a mod will move it accordingly if I have chosen incorrectly.

Ok, as some of you may know, Z-Net has died down quite considerably in the past few months, and it has almost died. Vdeogmer and I are trying bring this project back to life through collaborative efforts. What we are looking for are people that will come in and idle and maybe even play a few games with a few people. We're just trying to increase traffic as much as we possibly can. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
David Dunham - "Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
AcidGlow

Post by AcidGlow »

Wow.. all of those are worthless except ZBattle.net

Nobody uses the other 3...

Snes9k works on Kaillera although it's not recommended.
http://acidglow.planetavp.gamespy.com
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Yes, I highly recommend zbattle if anybody wants to play supernintendo online. Although I can't seem to get on today.......
legolas558
Rookie

ZeNP - ZSNES Easy NetPlay

Post by legolas558 »

I have tried to create an easy command line tool to let two players easily play without handling IP addresses. A public players list feature is already in the project.

I need somebody helping me to test it, and any other comments are welcome too.

See this topic for more

or
the ZeNP home page

(P.S.: please ask any questions if you think the way the tool works is obscure since I have not yet finished documenting it)
Zorcher

Post by Zorcher »

I am the owner and creator of ZSNES Online. Due to the cost of maintaining the website, I had to take it down. Also, ZSNES Online can't work without the site cause the program used the site to get a file that told it the IP address of the server to connect to. You may now take my client off of the list.

However, due to my success of ZSNES Online, another client saw my work and I have since joined the programming team of Player Connector which is found at http://www.playerconnector.com/. Among supporting other popular games such as Halo, Quake, Doom, it supports ZSNES thanks to me.

So come take a look when you have a chance. :)
Last edited by Zorcher on Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
legolas558
Rookie

Post by legolas558 »

Zorcher wrote:I am the owner and creator of ZSNES Online. Due to the cost of maintaining the website, I had to take it down. Also, ZSNES Online can't work without the site cause the program used the site to get a file that told it the IP address of the server to connect to.
I designed mine relying on simple HTTP requests
You may now take my client off of the list.
Where is it? I may integrated some features, anyway I didn't focus too much on the frontend but on the command line tool.
However, due to my success of ZSNES Online, another client saw my work and I have since joined the programming team of Player Connector. Among supporting other popular games such as Halo, Quake, Doom, it supports ZSNES thanks to me.

So come take a look when you have a chance. :)
Really interesting! Is it already working? My idea was just to have a mini frontend for the command line functionalities. My tool is not designed for unknown vs unknown players match (but it is possible of course specifying no parameters), but for simple known player matches. E.g. if now we wanted to play I would have told you to type

Code: Select all

zenp Zorcher legolas558
and I would have typed

Code: Select all

zenp legolas558 Zorcher
Mark57Raider
Regular

Help Z-Net regain it's prosperity

Post by Mark57Raider »

Okay people since zbattle is down at the moment, I've taken it upon myself to find some gamers on Z-Net and to figure out how it works, the directory and zsnes excutable customization are about the same as that of zbattle. It would be nice of some of the snes online gamers could gather here to play some games on Z-Net
smkdan
Hazed

Post by smkdan »

I've never bothered with the others, but what the hell...I'll give Z-Net a shot. Until ZB is back up anyway.

E: Scratch that. Download links are dead on the site.
legolas558
Rookie

ZeNP on the road

Post by legolas558 »

If you are going to spend some time with zenp I would help you using it and/or fixing bad behaviours, however please note that zenp is more a netplay shortcut rather than a full netplayers community. It actually relies upon an irc channel irc://irc.freenode.net/zenp (which is empty) for the communication between players, so you'll need to use an irc client and then use zenp. It has been developed a windows client which has both zenp and the irc client embedded (and it is a nice program, too) but there are some bugs so without some testing I can't give the community a good program :(
HAL: It can only be attributable to human error.
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

smkdan wrote:I've never bothered with the others, but what the hell...I'll give Z-Net a shot. Until ZB is back up anyway.

E: Scratch that. Download links are dead on the site.
Hmm, links work fine for me. I can try and upload it for you if want.
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

Zbattle is back up. BTW Mark57 I think I seen you on zbattle a few times, keep an eye out for me, my zbattle name is Mike231.
**Prince of the Zsnes board**
*Smash Champ*
smkdan
Hazed

Post by smkdan »

I tried the Z-Net links in IE and they're fine alright...With Firefox I just got sent back to the home page.
Danno

Post by Danno »

zbattle is down for me, and I can't get access to the website... I guess it's time to try some other things. :(

Ahh! These other ones are confusing... I'm discouraged ;o
Blessed is he who expects nothing for he shall never be disappointed.
smkdan
Hazed

Post by smkdan »

Zbattle's been up and down recently...Hope it gets stable soon.

I keep MSN's of some regulars I play on ZB. Handy for getting games when the server's down. It's also easy seeing who's on without waiting in a room.
Danno

Post by Danno »

Ah, the zbattle website was working so I checked around and it told me to change the server... I'll just hope that means it's stable now... I'm not exactly a regular so I'm not too sure what to think.
Contacting via MSN sounds like a good idea though, I think I'll give that a shot in the future.
Blessed is he who expects nothing for he shall never be disappointed.
Zorcher

Post by Zorcher »

Hello, this is Zorcher, I have returned as I was once the creator of ZSNES Online. Yes, I did take down ZSNES Online as it was actually just a project to get me started in programming. It was a nice test for me as it has increased my skills of making a professional product.

I just wanted to let this board know that a new client that I've been working on has just been made available and it supports ZSNES. Check this thread for more details.

http://76.178.85.144:82/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=173

Here is a picture of this client in action:
http://76.178.85.144:82/pc3/img1.jpg

EDIT: The site is down, grab at the new address:
http://67.177.221.70/phpbb3/index.php
rchuncleskeleton

another snes net client!

Post by rchuncleskeleton »

there is a client called classic gaming arena or cga if you will.
it can be downloaded at www.classicgamingarena.com.
it's a very good client and just as good if not better than zbattle.net, everyone should at least check it out!
Garro

Post by Garro »

I second cga. It's an excellent program.
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

CGA's dead now.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Yep really a shame indeed. Was a better program than zbattle, but people just keep on using zbattle. Although CGA sounds I little quirky. zbattle has a better ring to it.
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

Z-Net is still kickin' if you're still looking for an alternative. If nothing else, it's worth a shot. The newest version is a vast improvement over the 2005 ones.
Kaison

No Netplay?

Post by Kaison »

At this time am I right in saying none of the above clients are operational? I haven't tried any in a long time and the main websites either don't exist or are derelict.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

In case I posted in the wrong room.CGA is now up and running again. Here is a good alternative to all you zbattle fans out there. It's called cga. ClassicGamingArena. it has a better integrated chat room, much better download feature in zsnes netplay than zbattle does. and you can see who is playing who. Here's the link http://www.god-weapon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=74