TCP/IP instead of UDP

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Cyrus
Trooper

TCP/IP instead of UDP

Post by Cyrus »

My friend as long as I can remember has been a complete moron and never bothered forward any ports. So whenever I play online with him I'm forced to use TCP/IP and it has sudden bursts of lag beyond words. I keep telling him to forward the damn port but he claims that the password simply does not work and he is 100% certain it should be the correct one. So I told him to pull his head out of his ass and go find the router manual and find out how to reset the admin password for his router... but of course he lost that long ago. He doesn't even know how to identify any info about his router such as what brand/model.

With that total lack of knowledge, is there any possible way to recover or reset a lost admin password for a router?
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

It's hard to say, I guess it varies from router to router, but at least in mine, there is a small whole, which if you insert a small, thin and long object, you can reset it. Sort like what some scientific calculators have.

Maybe try to look from something like that on your friend's router?
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

The brand is usually stamped on the front or top of it. That's easy. If your friend can't find that, castrate him so he can't contaminate the genepool. The model # is usually on a sticker on the bottom preceeded by the words "model" or "model #". Backtrack it from the manufacturer's website.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]