Unusual issue.

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

revlemming

Unusual issue.

Post by revlemming »

Both my g/f and I are using 1.36, and we can load the ROMs with no issue. However, after about 20-30 seconds of playing with a flawless frame rate, her game will start processing at a faster rate than mine.

Example.

Everything is fine, she starts walking upwards, takes a turn to the right. Suddenly this glitch occurs, and on my screen, it's still receptive to her controls...but because of a half-second delay, she's now walking into a wall on my screen, whereas on hers, she's gone through the door.
Gameplay proceeds normally, with her character walking in unusual little circles and shapes on my screen as it mimics her keypresses, as she's navigating normally.

Any suggestions? I've never had a problem with my connection speed before.
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

It sounds like a typical de-sync issue. What kind of internet connections do both of you have? Have you tried using UDP in stead of TCP?
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
revlemming

Post by revlemming »

I'll give the UDT a shot.
Edit: Also, thanks for the reply. ^^'