bsnes ntsc filter to zsnes?

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

qwerty`
Rookie

bsnes ntsc filter to zsnes?

Post by qwerty` »

I really like the NTSC filter byuu has used for bsnes because it does not have visible scanlines. Any chance of it being integrated into zsnes?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

ZSNES is using the same NTSC filter BSNES is using, which is blargg's filter. BSNES uses a slightly older version (0.2.1). ZSNES uses the currently lastest version (0.2.2) fyi.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

I still don't really understand why, with all the other options present, there isn't a slider for scanline intensity. Not a real complaint or anything.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
byuu

Post by byuu »

I believe blargg said there was no need (for me) to upgrade to 0.2.2. If you know of a reason why I should, it shouldn't take more than five minutes to drop in the new version.

Keep in mind that I don't currently utilize the various adjustments blargg's filter supports (gamma, contrast, etc) because I have my own color adjustments that apply to all filters.

EDIT: what the heck, I just upgraded to snes_ntsc 0.2.2, just for Deathlike ;)
Last edited by byuu on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

My comment was directed at Zsnes' implementation by the way, in case there was any confusion.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

blackmyst, find "scanline intensity" in blargg's NTSC code. IIRC, this is byuu's scanlines implementation via D3D, which has zero to do with blargg's filter.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
fbb
Hazed

Post by fbb »

blackmyst, find "scanline intensity" in blargg's NTSC code
Sorry
where can i find this option and how can i implement it into the emulator?

NTSC filter is great, but i have that old problem with wrong scanlines and would like to turn them off
evilhimself

Post by evilhimself »

The real problem is that ZSNES is stretching the video with more lines than a 2x,3x multiple, its that that causes that crap missing/added scanlines glitches.
that glitch happens even with simple/old scanlines.

use NTSC on snes9x and you will see the right output.
evilhimself

Post by evilhimself »

Hi, when using NTSC filter, ZSNES simple override the "R" option in the video mode and make a full screen stretch causing that glitches.

I see in other post a code to remove the scanlines:

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11249

The final result is better but dont look "real" without the scanlines.

Can some dev put the code to were edit the sources, so ZSNES respect the 8:7 ratio on NTSC filter (probably will remove the glitches)? Or it is too difficult(too much time to spend)?
byuu

Post by byuu »

evilhimself wrote:Hi, when using NTSC filter, ZSNES simple override the "R" option in the video mode and make a full screen stretch causing that glitches.
Sorry, you have to wait 50 weeks like the last three posts before responding again ;)

No, but seriously, you'll probably want to wait for the next release first since major changes are taking place now.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

byuu wrote:No, but seriously, you'll probably want to wait for the next release first since major changes are taking place now.
Major changes are taking place now? I thought major changes had been taking place on and off for the last two years.
evilhimself

Post by evilhimself »

kode54 wrote:
byuu wrote:No, but seriously, you'll probably want to wait for the next release first since major changes are taking place now.
Major changes are taking place now? I thought major changes had been taking place on and off for the last two years.
yeah, that why i asking for some programmer edit just 2,3,30 lines of the 1.51 code, than wait for years for a complete rewrote.
Killa B
♥ Love Freak FlonneZilla ♥

Post by Killa B »

Sounds easy enough for you to do yourself.
evilhimself

Post by evilhimself »

yeah, but only if i was a programmer. :(
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Killa B wrote:Sounds easy enough for you to do yourself.
*awesome face*
:lol:
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]