Version 151 - Updated tarball but same version?

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

NacT

Version 151 - Updated tarball but same version?

Post by NacT »

Hi,

This isn't exactly a development related question, but it's something only the maintainers would know about.

I downloaded zsnes151src.tar.bz2 from sourceforge, and apparently this is a different tarball from the one released in early 2007 when version 151 was first announced. Looking at the source code from both versions I can indeed see a few differences. Did you guys update the tarball but kept the version number intact?

The MD5 checksums for both versions are:

Code: Select all

zsnes151src.tar.bz2 (old)    328071775f88f7c3b9fdb94176e5e417
zsnes151src.tar.bz2 (new)    7071186bf80632ae88a153239498d8c9
This is important because there are a lot of automated build scripts for Linux and BSD that perform a check for the MD5 checksum before they build the source. In fact that's how I noticed the discrepancy.

So, in short, was the tarball updated and if so could someone confirm the new MD5 checksum?

Thanks.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

I did update the tarball a while back.

Updated the ZSNES tools, which doesn't actually affect ZSNES itself. Also moved a variable so it'll compile with newer compilers. Binaries generated should be identical, hence no update to the version.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by NacT »

Right, thanks for the confirmation.
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

We should make this 1.51a?
Watering ur plants.