View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Compiling under windos 

Post Compiling under windos
Noticing that the last post here is from almost a year ago this is a shot in the dark.

I need to do something really simple to either ZSNES or Snez9x, I just need to fire off a couple of messages to another program (the values of certain memory locations, for example the players X and Y coordinates) so that my program can then pick up on that and control a few other things (for an art project)

I'm ok with actually adding that code, I'm a relatively inexperienced programmer but am employed as a professional, I'm just completely lost when it comes to compiling either of these emulators. I don't know beans about linux, and only have VS2013 installed on my machine. I'm finding conflicting readme files and am stuck with three versions (zsnes, snes9x and snes9x-rr) that I can't get to compiled at all.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Where do I start with this?

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:52 pm
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post Re: Compiling under windos
Advice #1: go with snes9x. Our public source tree is overstale. There's a cheese castle on top of it.

Advice #2: grab their latest source, and read the readmes. All of them. They should tell you what you need.

Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54

Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]