LIRC Patch for ZSNES 1.5.1

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Hutts

LIRC Patch for ZSNES 1.5.1

Post by Hutts »

Hi All,

This is my first post. In fact I registered, just so I could post this....

I noted that a number of users expressed interest in LIRC support some time ago, and feeling the need for this myself so I could use it on my HTPC, I decided to have a go.

The method employed is somewhat of a hack; I do not claim to be a master of ZSNES development, and I only read the code as much as I needed to get this done. It works by simulating appropriate key strokes for the desired function, and uses the correct keystrokes as defined by the user in the configuration.

I don't expect this code to be merged into the official sources, but I hope that some patch savvy users or makers of distributions will be able to make use of this. If you are a developer with more knowledge of ZSNES than myself, and know of a better way to do this, then feel free to use this code.

You can download the patch from this URL: http://www.users.on.net/~hutts/zsnes_lirc.patch

To make it work....

1) Extract zsnes source into a directory.
2) From same directory, apply patch with -p0 argument.
3) Change to zsnes source directory and run ./autogen.sh --enable-lirc
4) Compile with make as per usual.
5) Edit your .lircrc file to send commands to program 'zsnes'. Possible commands are defined in the file src/linux/zlirc.h

P.S. Thanks to all the user suggestions about megaupload, pastebin etc.
I found my ISP provides a 'Personal Webspace' which I never had a use for until now.
Last edited by Hutts on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulguy
Zealot

Re: LIRC Patch for ZSNES 1.5.1

Post by paulguy »

I think it's only allowed in certain forums or something. Just use megaupload or something.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Re: LIRC Patch for ZSNES 1.5.1

Post by badinsults »

If it is just text, just use pastebin.com
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome