Zsnes and Kaillera

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ZnKaiRel
Rookie

Zsnes and Kaillera

Post by ZnKaiRel »

I did some writing on zsnes 1.42 and I have got it working with kaillera 0.9.
The rom loads up, and I am able to play single player. I can't test anymore because noone trusts me, everyone always thinks this type of think can only be a troject or virus.

so I want to give a link to both the source, and the win32 binary.

brb
ZnKaiRel
Rookie

Re: Zsnes and Kaillera

Post by ZnKaiRel »

anyone know where i can upload these files while staying anonomlis?
ZnKaiRel
Rookie

Post by ZnKaiRel »

Zsnes Source code of Zsnes 1.42 and Kaillera (gui needs help, but works)
http://www.mediafire.com/?yach999yzl9rl75

Zsnes executable along with some dll files for running zsnes...

http://www.mediafire.com/?yach999yzl9rl75

Maybe someone would like to host these files somewhere else?
the project is available to all open hands.
ZnKaiRel
Rookie

Post by ZnKaiRel »

I still want to continue with this project, but no second controler, no feed back.
ZnKaiRel
Rookie

Post by ZnKaiRel »

I managed to get two zsnes clients to sync, it should work just the same for 3-5 players.

I am tring to get zsnes to parse chat strings sent by kaillera now, i'll try and post a link to the new source code after i mess with the chat string.
ZnKaiRel
Rookie

Post by ZnKaiRel »

ZsneSKaillera now has full chat support, with console commands.
I am doing crash tests, and some sync testing of the chat commands with 2 clients.

blueled...
isamu
Hazed

Post by isamu »

What the hell is going on here????????????

Why hasn't anyone else replied???? This is a HUUUGE fucking breakthrough and no one gives a shit???? Well, I for one, am ESTATIC to hear this news!!

ZnKaiRel you are the fucking MAN!!! Thank you much for developing this! I cannot WAIT until you make further progress! I will more than HAPPY to be your giney pig and help you test this out bro! Kaillera may not be the greatest net client in the world, but for two people living in the same city, it is a fucking GOLD MINE!
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Last I checked, Kaillera is not GPLv2 compatible, and therefore combining ZSNES with it is illegal.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by adventure_of_link »

Nach wrote:Last I checked, Kaillera is not GPLv2 compatible, and therefore combining ZSNES with it is illegal.
This. We already have another big thread on it going on right now in ZSNES talk...

EDIT: the OP here started that thread on it.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Also, this may be a nice diversion, but the goal to fix builtin netplay is damn high on the list (pretty much right after fixing the cores).

If you're that impatient, have fun, but it will eventually not be useful.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:Also, this may be a nice diversion, but the goal to fix builtin netplay is damn high on the list (pretty much right after fixing the cores).

If you're that impatient, have fun, but it will eventually not be useful.
Yes, but... it's been on the list for over three years now. Sometimes it's nice to have a working option available instead of just waiting.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
ZnKaiRel
Rookie

Post by ZnKaiRel »

If you have seen my releae of zsnes with kaillera support, you would notice that I built it onto 1.42 instead of 1.51.

It's because I read in the documents that 1.51 is unstable, which is the reason it doesn't have the netplay support that 1.42 has. So my modd isn't even for the latest version of zsnes, but it does however work, and 1.51 doesn't have any type of network anyways.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Yes, but... it's been on the list for over three years now. Sometimes it's nice to have a working option available instead of just waiting.
"I agree." :)
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Please do not ZnKaiRel about working on 3 player netplay with ZSNES. I know that it has a license agreement with Kaillera, but if there is a 3player then that would be great. Think of it as a stepping stone from 2 player online zsnes to 3 player and beyond. My friend has worked hard on the project and I know, because I've helped him part of the time. I wasn't coding, but mainly testing sync and ping time outs and stuff like that. You probably should be mad at me for saying this because all of you were part of the ZSNES project, but it is for nonprofit and to let others experience more people to play with on the SNES. I dunno, I just think you should cut the guy some slack.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

I don't think it's so much about giving him slack as it would just be outright illegal, since the zsnes code is already GPL and cannot be linked to closed source libraries like that.

How does that work with DirectX, though? Is that considered part of the OS in the way you can link to other Windows's built in libraries and stuff?
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
Fras
Hazed

Post by Fras »

Infinite topic looping

woah