SNES NTSC Composite Video Filter

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Video card control panel? Monitor settings? This is something as mundane as setting your sound volume, are you sure you don't just need a new computer?

I'll ask again, do you know what the NTSC filter does? It was definitely not written for the purpose of changing the screen hue.

Regardless of what the BEST way is to do this in windows, what you suggest is definitely the WORST method as far as I could imagine. To continue the sound volume analogy: you might as well suggest that someone adapt the ZSNES sound engine for you, to receive input from your sound card and then modify the volume of that, as a replacement for the regular windows sound controls because those don't seem to work for you. Ok, maybe that's not a completely accurate analogy, but it's an equally odd suggestion, to say the least.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

GashouseGorilla wrote:I LOVE THIS FILTER!!!!

Now Blargg, could you please, PLEASE, make this filter so that it works for my entire desktop and all the programs that run under it? Because on my laptop, red looks pink, and I want to change the hue so that it's red once and for all!
setup the color profile better...

or fix your monitor. it sounds like your green is going.
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

blackmyst wrote:I'll ask again, do you know what the NTSC filter does? It was definitely not written for the purpose of changing the screen hue.
You could just stop the rhetorical question here really.. he has no idea as far as I'm concerned.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
GashouseGorilla

Post by GashouseGorilla »

All right, just tell me of a good program that will let me change the hue.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

See that's the problem, I don't think there are any programs for that, just like there aren't any 3rd party programs to change the sound volume in windows aside from the one that windows already provides. It's just not needed.

It's been repeated to you a few times: video card control panel, or monitor settings. If neither of those work, then your computer is broken.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

look at your screen. Do you see buttons on it? use these to adjust your hue. The program is so great it is built into your screen!
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]