Already Defined Errors

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

PhoenixX_2
Rookie

Already Defined Errors

Post by PhoenixX_2 »

I'm trying to compile ZSNES in VC++.NET 2k5 (yes, I know, shame on me) and I seem to be getting errors liek this:

Error 91 error LNK2005: _fwrite already defined in LIBCMT.lib(fwrite.obj) MSVCRT.lib
Error 92 error LNK2005: _ferror already defined in LIBCMT.lib(feoferr.obj) MSVCRT.lib
Error 93 error LNK2005: _fread already defined in LIBCMT.lib(fread.obj) MSVCRT.lib
Error 94 error LNK2005: __errno already defined in LIBCMT.lib(dosmap.obj) MSVCRT.lib
Error 95 error LNK2005: _fclose already defined in LIBCMT.lib(fclose.obj) MSVCRT.lib

And so on.

I also get errors like this:

Error 110 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _load_jma_file referenced in function _SplitSetup initc.obj
Error 111 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectSoundBuffer8 referenced in function "int __cdecl InitSound(void)" (?InitSound@@YAHXZ) winlink.obj
Error 112 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _cfgsoundon referenced in function "int __cdecl InitSound(void)" (?InitSound@@YAHXZ) winlink.obj
Error 113 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _cfgsoundon gui.obj

And for some reason, cfgload.asm was referenced, yet does not exist. I downloaded the zsnes_1_42 source files from sourceforge. I just removed the refence and this is where I'm at.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

You seem to link in one too many C libs, and miss linking some ZSNES files.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by PhoenixX_2 »

Yeah, heh, thought that for the first set of errors. Do you have any ideas which one I need to add at least for one of the ones I'm MISSING for the second set of errors?
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

No.

Any particular reason you're not using our Makefile?
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by PhoenixX_2 »

Because I'd like to be able to compile and debug easily in VS.NET 2k5. These short term problems could make adding features much easier to do later on.

I guess I could do a custom build step of the makefile and attach to the process that way... Not sure how well that'd work though.
[url=http://www.engine001.com/]001 Action/RPG Maker in Development[/url]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Already Defined Errors

Post by grinvader »

PhoenixX_2 wrote:I downloaded the zsnes_1_42 source files from sourceforge.
The CVS rep on sourceforge has a broken source that won't compile - ON PURPOSE.
It prevents people from building a tree that's very outdated now.

If you want recent source, use the SVN rep on bountysource. If you want old source, get it from ipher's wip site, but at least you're warned it's old.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
PhoenixX_2
Rookie

Post by PhoenixX_2 »

Okay. Thansk a lot.
[url=http://www.engine001.com/]001 Action/RPG Maker in Development[/url]