Movie features

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

RealmRPGer
Rookie

Movie features

Post by RealmRPGer »

Here's a couple of features I think would be helpful for the zmv movies and dumping. I'm willing to implement them myself if somebody can lead me to the proper section of code (is it all in zmovie.c?):

Chapter Selection
When playing a movie, allow jumping to any chapter, rather than just next and previous.

Movie Dump "Anywhere"
Allow a user to begin a movie dump anywhere, or perhaps at the beginning of a specified chapter.

"Toggle" button functions
Certain movie functions are "continuous," meaning they are recalled every frame of the movie while the key is held. This is true for RR State Saving via controller, and also true of chapter jumping (though I only noticed it on Next Chapter and not Previous Chapter).

This particular one might be a little harder for me to do myself just because I never found a good way to implement a toggle like this without using some kind of outside (or static) variable. That kind of thing can become quite a hassle when you have to create such a variable for EVERY key/function, so if anyone knows a better way to do it, please tell.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

All the movie logic is in zmovie.c
GUI or key bindings is elsewhere.

The most important features for AVI making I feel right now is getting custom implemented, and allowing an AVI to continue writing after the movie has finished playing.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by RealmRPGer »

I've been hoping for the "append" button to get implemented. =)
Although I'd still tend to split up a game movie, because it tends to bog down after a movie gets particularly long. But some of my recent sessions have only been an hour or two long, and in an RPG that means running of movie slots quickly. =/
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

RealmRPGer wrote:I've been hoping for the "append" button to get implemented. =)
Don't worry, I'll get around to it eventually.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.