So what are these DeJap "rom releases" for, anyway

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

blackmyst
Zealot

So what are these DeJap "rom releases" for, anyway

Post by blackmyst »

Are they patches to allow the games to be played on a copier (or emulators back when the special chips weren't emulated)? The links on the DeJap site are dead, and I can't seem to find them on romhacking.net or anywhere else.

I just got interested in this now that I've got a copier myself.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I'd suggest you post there and request for them.. I'm sure someone would contribute the files for them there...
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
LobStar
Lurker

Re: So what are these DeJap "rom releases" for, an

Post by LobStar »

blackmyst wrote:Are they patches to allow the games to be played on a copier (or emulators back when the special chips weren't emulated)? The links on the DeJap site are dead, and I can't seem to find them on romhacking.net or anywhere else.

I just got interested in this now that I've got a copier myself.
IIRC they worked the other way, those certain games weren't able to be dumped properly, at the time, to be played on emulators and such; and DeJap got them dumped correctly.
... Ever take a look at the Earthbound ROM? I SWEAR THE PROGRAMMERS WERE ON CRACK WHEN THEY DID IT! JUST LOOK AT IT!
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Ah, thanks. Too bad, while I fortunately own the SMRPG cart, I would've loved to play Kirby 3 and MMX2 on my SNES, too. Oh well.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]