Guilty Gear XX #reload PC config utility

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

powerspike
Regular

Guilty Gear XX #reload PC config utility

Post by powerspike »

Hopefully this is the right place to post this. I was debating between posting it here or the tech board, but it isn't really technical and it sort of relates to a game. Anyway I edited the configuration utility for the PC version of Guilty Gear XX #reload. I mostly did this because I didn't like how ugly the other English patch was. Actually my friend is the fighting game fan not me.. He was also the person who initially showed me the English patch. Well the patch I made didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to due to the fact that I don't know a lick of Japanese and my writing skills are terrible. I did have some translation help from several people (grinvader, PKGINGO, and oacat). They did a fine job, I just didn't do enough work on it. Anyway I'm posting here for feedback mostly. I'd like to make the English on it sound better. Thanks...

You can lol at my readme too. I've never written one before.

http://rapidshare.com/files/29724753/gg ... h.zip.html

Edit: Changed the Subject. Also if you think my patch is fine the way it is feel free to host it somewhere else.
Last edited by powerspike on Sun May 06, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

This could go into the Dejap board since Dejap is dead and now it has become a place with general translation discussions.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

Someone can go ahead and move it there I guess. Hrm well it turns out my patch is useless after all. I never noticed there was a European release of the game. In fact gamefaqs says there never was a Japanese release of the game. The copy he got a hold of must of been some leaked copy. Ah well I should of just released it when I actually had the thing finished. It would of been out before the European release. :/
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

The japanese version of Guilty Gear XX #Reload does exist and it's no leaked beta or anything of that sort. GameFAQs is just behind the times.

Same goes for Guilty Gear Isuka.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Moved to Dejap.

Also, PKGINGO is aka LobStar these days. He is very hard to get in contact with, as IIRC he is working two jobs.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

Agozer wrote:The japanese version of Guilty Gear XX #Reload does exist and it's no leaked beta or anything of that sort. GameFAQs is just behind the times.

Same goes for Guilty Gear Isuka.
:lol: I guess it isn't just their message boards that suck over there. Well maybe I'll go complain that it isn't updated.

adventure_of_link wrote:Moved to Dejap.

Also, PKGINGO is aka LobStar these days. He is very hard to get in contact with, as IIRC he is working two jobs.
Thanks for moving the post aol. We chat on aim so I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I used his old nickname. He'd let me know if he didn't want it used.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

No problem man. I thought LobStar was busy with two jobs these days.. wonder when he found time to get on AIM..

:? -shrug- meh. Just tell him I said hi, please.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

Naw he's hell of busy. I just happen to catch him on aim sometimes since I don't have a job at the moment (which will hopefully be corrected soon). I'll let him know you said hi if I see him. :)
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

You know I was thinking the official English release would be useful since you know a real company did the thing. Well after looking over some screens I can say I don't feel so bad about mine. Incidentally I found another edit of it online that looked pretty good except it had the authors name in the window title. Lets just say I was more discrete about where I stuck mine.

Here's screen shots from the official one for anyone who'd like to look:

ImageImageImage
LobStar
Lurker

Post by LobStar »

adventure_of_link wrote:Moved to Dejap.

*Chuckles* Make that 4 Jobs... but then I just stopped. I'm finally able to attend University full time. I'm frequently on AIM when I'm not too busy, so it's not TOO hard to talk to me if you need to. Right now I will be working over at Portillo's (yes the AWESOME Hot Dog Place) as a video editor. I have to bring alot of my work home with me but I do have down time when it has to render. I hope to get off my ass and actually do something again after all this time though. I am usually PKGINGO, here I'm LobStar just because I promised Grin I wouldn't change my name on my account anymore ;).

powerspike:
Your's looks a bit more polished, and text isn't spilling out of the text boxes. Good work! :)
... Ever take a look at the Earthbound ROM? I SWEAR THE PROGRAMMERS WERE ON CRACK WHEN THEY DID IT! JUST LOOK AT IT!
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

LobStar wrote:*Chuckles* Make that 4 Jobs... but then I just stopped. I'm finally able to attend University full time.
Uh.. what

I always thought working multiple jobs was dangerous to your health
NSRT here.
LobStar
Lurker

Post by LobStar »

adventure_of_link wrote:
LobStar wrote:*Chuckles* Make that 4 Jobs... but then I just stopped. I'm finally able to attend University full time.
Uh.. what

I always thought working multiple jobs was dangerous to your health
It was very bad for me... trut me when I say you dont want to work 4 jobs... geek squad, newspaper, portillos and (school/side jobs I count as one). Even did the taco bell thing a bit... mmm tacos...
... Ever take a look at the Earthbound ROM? I SWEAR THE PROGRAMMERS WERE ON CRACK WHEN THEY DID IT! JUST LOOK AT IT!
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

LobStar wrote:powerspike:
Your's looks a bit more polished, and text isn't spilling out of the text boxes. Good work! :)
Thanks! I wanted it to at least be easy on my friends eyes. It's not much of anything I guess, but I still had some fun working on it.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

LobStar wrote:I am usually PKGINGO, here I'm LobStar just because I promised Grin I wouldn't change my name on my account anymore ;).
You'll be free to change your name again once you're done with that one particular game.
You know the one. Yes, that one.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

LobStar wrote:trut me when I say you dont want to work 4 jobs... geek squad, newspaper, portillos and (school/side jobs I count as one). Even did the taco bell thing a bit... mmm tacos...
Believe me, soul and thunderclaw made a thread on whattheboat about working multiple jobs

this one time, soul had to stay at the office for like ~75 hours

he ended up getting on IRC and pratically begged TC, Metatron, and Gospel to play D2, even for an hour, because he was afraid of throttling the next person who walks in the door
NSRT here.