A Question Regarding the Four Dragon Quest VI Patches

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

RubiksCube

A Question Regarding the Four Dragon Quest VI Patches

Post by RubiksCube »

First off I want to say that I don't want to give the wrong impression here; i'm not going to ask "yo yo wenz dat pimpin dq6 pach gona be finshd??!!?!1212?."

I understand that the entire game hasn't been translated yet, and may never be fully and i'm not going to ask anyone to do so. It's not my place. I'm just curious as to which patch (of the four) translates the text the neatest and the furthest into the game, and exactly how far into the game it has been translated. Is the entire game playable and understandable with any of these patches?
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

I only know of two patches for Dragon Quest VI; the Dejap and the NoPrgress one (of which the NoPrgress translates approx. 90% of the game and is completeable with a few bugs).
galamonth
Rookie

Post by galamonth »

Well i did play it with the NoProgress one but on romhacking.net they say it has some bugs like random crash. Anyway try them all if you can, this game is amazing.
romhackhispano.org Spanish Translations
RubiksCube

Post by RubiksCube »

I was referring to the four patches hosted on the DeJap website in the Dragon Quest VI area of the Projects section. So the NoPrgress patch is translated throughout the entire game?
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

The NoProgress one is the one you need. Just note that many things (like the selling menus) are not translated. Also, if you use the B button to get out of menus (from the equip items screen, for instance) it will freeze the game. Not perfect by any means, but good enough that you can go through the game without too many problems.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome