Star Ocean graphics help

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

axio

Star Ocean graphics help

Post by axio »

im apologizing in advance for asking this question about this topic as its probably been dried to the bone... i'd really appreciate it if someone could explain to me exactly how to apply the graphics hack to my star ocean rom in zsnes... thanks...
Oblivion
What?

Post by Oblivion »

First, make sure you have downloaded the graphics packs for Star Ocean. Make a folder/directory in your saves folder (if none set, the rom folder), and call it "SOCNSDD1" without quotes. Extract both of the files from the .zip file into that folder.

Also, Snes9X now supports real-time SDD-1 decompression, but you need a faster computer for it to work properly without packs.
Everything I say is a lie.
Axiom

Post by Axiom »

And one of the upcoming ZSNES releases also plans to incorporate the decompression also, so you don't have to leave ZSNES if you have issues with the graphics packs.
axio

Post by axio »

thhhanks 4 the 101 on hwoow tto exshpress my gra-titude in a cohearent and grameratically correct manner. im gonna fix it now ! ^.^

Thank You.

P.S. I'm glad you caught that. I could never have forgiven myself for making such an atrocious mistake... Oh and while you're at it, would you please check the above sentence for any spelling/grammer errors? I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks again! :lol:
Last edited by axio on Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
axio

Post by axio »

is tales of phantasia 80 hours in length as star ocean is? if not how could they stretch tales of symphonia to be 80 hours if its just tales of phantasia... and whats this about a tales of destiny??? never heard of it
Magus`
Cap'n Gin | Admin

Post by Magus` »

1) You can edit posts to put in new words.
2) The word is 'you' not 'u'.
3) One '?' will suffice.
Paul Bunyan
Lumberjack

Post by Paul Bunyan »

axio wrote:is tales of phantasia 80 hours in length as star ocean is? if not how could they stretch tales of symphonia to be 80 hours if its just tales of phantasia... and whats this about a tales of destiny??? never heard of it
I think I did ToP in 30 hours, same as SO
ToD= PS1 game
Mass Transit Ninja

Post by Mass Transit Ninja »

Yup, theres a Tales of Destiny I and II on PSone. And a Tales of Eternia coming out for PSP, so check out Ebay if you want the whole series.
Paul Bunyan
Lumberjack

Post by Paul Bunyan »

Mass Transit Ninja wrote:Yup, theres a Tales of Destiny I and II on PSone. And a Tales of Eternia coming out for PSP, so check out Ebay if you want the whole series.
or your local Gamestop/EB if you are lucky
Amadalus
Rookie

Post by Amadalus »

Oblivion wrote:First, make sure you have downloaded the graphics packs for Star Ocean. Make a folder/directory in your saves folder (if none set, the rom folder), and call it "SOCNSDD1" without quotes. Extract both of the files from the .zip file into that folder.

Also, Snes9X now supports real-time SDD-1 decompression, but you need a faster computer for it to work properly without packs.
Still hasn't worked for me >.<
"HA! What IS this? Sacred Tome!? More like...Sucky...Dumb...Thing!" - Lord Zetta
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

Mass Transit Ninja wrote:Yup, theres a Tales of Destiny I and II on PSone. And a Tales of Eternia coming out for PSP, so check out Ebay if you want the whole series.
I'm also going to point out that Tales of Eternia and the US Tales of Destiny 2 are the same game. The japanese Tales of Destiny 2 is for the PS2 and is an actual sequel to ToD.
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, deep in space and time
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, forever in your mind
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive
'cause if you try, you can do anything
Dib
Rookie

Post by Dib »

Finally got it to work. Thanks for the instructions.
PKFAIRY
Cosmic Chaos

Post by PKFAIRY »

Dib wrote:Finally got it to work. Thanks for the instructions.
You've got a big head............ human.......
*poof*