Caution: Noobish Question inside.

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

JabberwockySupafly
Location: loning it thru the streets of Idaho seeking visionary Indian angels who are visionary Indian angels.

Caution: Noobish Question inside.

Post by JabberwockySupafly »

I'm just wondering, if anyone has been having problems with DQ5? It works fine until I patch it. I tried hardpatching it with SNESTool, I attempted to removed the header, and when that didn't work, I deleted and started over and tried adding a header,and it still freezes. The only thing I haven't tried yet is booting it on a different version of ZSNES or SNES9X. I use both due to certain games crashing on the opposing systems. DQ5 tends to crash on both for me before the game even loads, it just freezes. I also attempted soft patching it as well with no success. Any suggestions?
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix.
-Allen Ginsberg "Howl"
JabberwockySupafly
Location: loning it thru the streets of Idaho seeking visionary Indian angels who are visionary Indian angels.

ignore this topic. I fixed the problem with a bit of tinkering around with older and newer versions of ZSNES and got it running now. sorry to have bothered anyone. if you want you can just slash and burn this topic if the mood takes ya.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix.
-Allen Ginsberg "Howl"
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Exact same thing happens to me. I think I added a header and all was well. I had a good rom as well. What version did you get it running on? You should be able to run it on 1.40, as long as you had a good rom.
JabberwockySupafly

I got it running on the newest release of ZSNES. I got my hands on a good ROM from somewhere on the net, surprisingly. I just had to patch it up and away it went.
-Allen Ginsberg "Howl"