DQ III for SNES

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Zero

DQ III for SNES

Post by Zero »

I've been waiting months and all the sites say the same thing about the DQ III translation project: "Blah blah and so so are working together on this project. Not much else is known." Anybody know anything about this, the approximate release date or anything? I wanna play DQ III on ZSNES so I can use throttle mode and level up like a m'fer. I have the GBA version and it sucks leveling up enough to be strong for Divinegon's/Medal Dragon's bonus dungeons! I beat the game, not the bonus dungeons cuz I don't want to spend hours and hours leveling up. Blah.

Zero
"His strength is unreal. He is [b]far[/b] stronger in reality than any story you might have heard about him."
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Your avatar is way too big. Tone it down.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

You just need to wait longer. Deal with it.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Zero

Thanks for the avatar tip

Post by Zero »

I saw a few avatars here that were pretty big for avatars so didn't think mine would be a problem. I toned it down though, thanks.

Thank you Captain Obvious, you obviously don't know jack about the project so anybody else?

Zero
"His strength is unreal. He is [b]far[/b] stronger in reality than any story you might have heard about him."
rage46
Lurker

Post by rage46 »

I think he knows what he is talking about zero, if you want it that bad email the devs.
Some people are like slinky's not really good for anything but you can't help smile when one falls down the stairs.
Paul Bunyan
Lumberjack

Post by Paul Bunyan »

Translation Projects take a while, it'll be out when it's out. You spamming people and making threads like this won't help anyone.
It is my job to teach the dumb.
[url=http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/]Free Antivirus Scanner[/url]
[url=http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/]Free Adware Scanner[/url]
[url=http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html]Free Spyware Scanner[/url]
rage46
Lurker

Post by rage46 »

Here is a very ruedimentary thing that translators must do.

"Yo muy guapo y tu son feo"

Translation "I handsome and you are ugly"

In other words they have to make it make sense and that was just SPANISH!!! Imagine trying to translate japanese which is not words but freaking picture/symbol things. Before you get mad at them try and learn japanese then take 4 aspirin and call me in the morning.
Some people are like slinky's not really good for anything but you can't help smile when one falls down the stairs.
PKFAIRY
Cosmic Chaos

Post by PKFAIRY »

if this is the same zero I rememberfrom waaaaay back in the day, then he does know japanese.
*poof*
rage46
Lurker

Post by rage46 »

Then what the heck is he complaining about if he knows how hard it is.
PKFAIRY
Cosmic Chaos

Post by PKFAIRY »

if you know the same zero i know, then it would make sense.
*poof*
Spoony
Hazed

Post by Spoony »

rage46 wrote:Here is a very ruedimentary thing that translators must do.

"Yo muy guapo y tu son feo"

Translation "I handsome and you are ugly"

In other words they have to make it make sense and that was just SPANISH!!!
No, that was gibberish. What you said can't be translated to english because you left out a verb, and misconjugated another one. This isn't quite right, but "I very handsome and you is ugly." approximates the mangling you did.

What you meant to say was "Soy muy guapo, y tu eres feo."
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=spoony]Immortality[/url]
HalfShadow
Nebulous Bastard

Post by HalfShadow »

And your avatar is still too big, Zero.

6K limit.

Or does that somehow not apply to you?
rage46
Lurker

Post by rage46 »

Ah yes I never liked the son/eres thing I forgot how to conjugate my verbs in spanish. BTW it would be Soy instead of Yo? I thought soy mean "am" and yo meant "I". Does Soy mean "I am"?
Spoony
Hazed

Post by Spoony »

Ser/estar can be used to denote being.

yo soy/estoy
tu eres/estas
el/ella/usted es/esta
nosotros somos/estamos
ellos/ellas/ustedes son/estan

It depends on the situation, but with a lot of exceptions, the easiest basic rule is that estar is for temporary conditions, ser is for characteristics.

You can leave out the pronoun in spanish fairly often, because it's implied by the verb conjugation you're using. There technically isn't anything wrong with saying "Yo soy" in that sentence, but it sounds a little stiff.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=spoony]Immortality[/url]
rage46
Lurker

Post by rage46 »

It's like being in spanish class all over again *shudders*.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Accidentally started a new topic trying to post a reply to this thread. http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=210

Zero
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

There is no need for any new posts, I would lock this thread regardless. Quit being a whiny dumbass and don't be demanding.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome